Milwaukee Wave Midfielder Ian Bennett Named Player of the Week
December 6, 2018 - Major Arena Soccer League (MASL) News Release
KANSAS CITY - The Major Arena Soccer League (MASL) announced today that Milwaukee Wave midfielder Ian Bennett has been named the Player of the Week for the league's opening weekend. Bennett was named Player of the Week twice last season.
After winning the MASL's Central Division, the Wave fell just short in their quest for an MASL Championship last season. Bennett is more determined this year and proved it on Saturday against long-time rivals, the Kansas City Comets.
The Wave's leading scorer last year came out of the gate with four goals. His fourth and final goal of the game came shortly after the Comets scored to get within two of the Wave. Bennett's score shut down any chance the Comets had at making a comeback.
Bennett and his Milwaukee teammates are idle this week, as they prepare to travel to Kansas City for an early season rematch against the Comets on December 15 at 7:05 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from December 6, 2018
- Milwaukee Wave Midfielder Ian Bennett Named Player of the Week - MASL
- Tropics Add Multiple Players Ahead of Canada Showdown - Florida Tropics SC
- Game Preview - Harrisburg Heat Host St. Louis Ambush - Harrisburg Heat
- Baltimore Blast vs. Utica City FC Game Preview - Baltimore Blast
- Dallas Sidekicks Play the Tacoma Stars on the Road - Dallas Sidekicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.