Tropics Add Multiple Players Ahead of Canada Showdown
LAKELAND, Fla. - The Florida Tropics SC have signed seven players that may be activated for Saturday's Major Arena Soccer League in Mississauga. Per league and team policy, terms of the agreements were not disclosed.
Signed are: Edgar Gamboa, Mario Orestano, Marko Bedenikovic, Josue Jaramillo, Eduardo Jauregui, Diego Gonzalez, Nikola Miodrag and Milos Scepanovic
The player signings were necessitated by fear of Canadian Immigration laws, which may hinder a number of Tropics players from crossing the border in time for the game. This type of roster activity is not unprecedented in professional sports which has seen similar travel issues preclude competition for athletes originating from certain countries.
This is Florida's only regularly scheduled game in Mississauga this year. The Tropics will have its full roster available to play Sunday in Utica. Both games will be broadcast live at www.masl.tv.
Following the weekend road trip, the Tropics will be back home Friday, Dec. 14 to meet the Harrisburg Heat.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from December 6, 2018
- Milwaukee Wave Midfielder Ian Bennett Named Player of the Week - MASL
- Tropics Add Multiple Players Ahead of Canada Showdown - Florida Tropics SC
- Game Preview - Harrisburg Heat Host St. Louis Ambush - Harrisburg Heat
- Baltimore Blast vs. Utica City FC Game Preview - Baltimore Blast
- Dallas Sidekicks Play the Tacoma Stars on the Road - Dallas Sidekicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Tropics SC Stories
- Guilherme Earns Second All MASL Honor for Second Time in Three Weeks
- Guilherme Nets Three as Tropics Roll Past Harrisburg Heat, 7-5
- Florida Tropics SC Announce Signing of Midfielder Enzo Marangoni
- Heat Is On, Harrisburg Makes Only Visit to Florida this Year with Friday Night Showdown
- Guilherme's Hat Trick Not Enough as Tropics Fall to Utica City FC, 8-5