Metrapark Arena Damaged By Tornado
An early evening storm created a tornado in Billings, MT that ripped the roof off of MetraPark Arena, home to the Billings Outlaws.
Billings Outlaws General Manager, Adam Steadman says that it's too early to know what this means for the first playoff game of the Outlaws 2010 season. "At this time, we know that the damage to MetraPark is substantial. I haven't been in contact with MetraPark administration and don't expect that I will be able to talk with them this evening. All we can do right now is to let emergency crews do their jobs while MetraPark officials continue their assessments as well."
The Billings Outlaws clinched a home-field playoff run last night with a 68-40 victory over the Tri-Cities Fever. The first playoff game was scheduled to be played at MetraPark arena next Sunday afternoon.
Steadman says that the Outlaws are actively forming a playoff strategy right now. "We will keep our fans updated on Facebook, through press releases and on our website at billingsoutlaws.com."
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from June 22, 2010
- Ticket Prices for Sunday's Game Announced; Limited Seating Available - Billings Outlaws
- Venom Nominated for 10 IFL Year End Awards - Amarillo Venom
- Central West Division Champs Wrap Up Regular Season - Sioux Falls Storm
- Metrapark Arena Damaged By Tornado - Billings Outlaws
- Outlaws Improve To 12-2; Clinch Home-Field Advantage Through Conference Finals - Billings Outlaws
- Little Outlaws For Regular-Season Finale Saturday Night. - Billings Outlaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.