Mayhem Earn Dominant 4-1 Victory over Marksmen
FAYETTEVILLE, NC- The Macon Mayhem defeated the Fayetteville Marksmen on the road on Saturday in dominant fashion, outshooting them 48-20 in the 4-1 victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Macon jumped out to an early lead in the first period, scoring a power play goal for the fourth consecutive game. John Siemer tallied the power play goal about halfway through the opening period, assisted by Dakota Klecha and Zach Urban.
The road warriors padded their lead to three goals in the second period. Dennis Sicard started the scoring in the frame, assisted by Kevin Irwin and Siemer. A few minutes later, captain Daniel Gentzler scored on a breakaway off a pass from Dylan Vander Esch. Fayetteville got one back, however, as Tommy Fiorentino cut the lead in half with under three minutes to play in the second.
Macon added a goal from Dylan Denomme in the final minutes of the third period to secure the 4-1 victory - their second consecutive win.
After getting Friday off, Charlie Finn was back in net for the Mayhem, and he picked up his 16th victory of the season. Macon outshot Fayetteville 48-20, and Finn stopped 19 of the 20 Marksmen shots he faced.
John Siemer recorded his second consecutive multi-point night, tallying a goal and an assist. He now has 14 goals, 29 assists and 43 points in 49 games this season. Dennis Sicard also recorded a goal and an assist in the game, giving him eight goals, 22 assists and 30 points in 48 games.
Macon Mayhem: 28-16-5 (61 points; 4th Place)
Fayetteville Marksmen: 11-32-6 (28 points; 10th Place)
BACK IN ACTION
The Mayhem stay on the road next weekend, as they take on the first-place Peoria Rivermen for a pair of games on Friday and Saturday.
Single game tickets are on sale through the Macon Coliseum Box Office or at ticketmaster.com. For information on group tickets and ticket plans, visit www.MaconMayhem.com or call the Mayhem Front Office at (478) 803-1592.
Images from this story
Macon Mayhem take on the Fayetteville Marksmen
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2018
- RiverKings Beat by 'Bolts, 5-3 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Stewart Strikes Down RiverKings with Hat Trick - Evansville Thunderbolts
- Dawgs Beaten by Birmingham, 6-1 - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Despite Tough Battle, Ice Flyers Fall 2-1 to Peoria - Pensacola Ice Flyers
- Mayhem Earn Dominant 4-1 Victory over Marksmen - Macon Mayhem
- Spano's 44 Saves Not Enough, Marksmen Fall 4-1 - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Rivermen Game Notes: Peoria Rivermen at Pensacola Ice Flyers - Peoria Rivermen
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Rail Yard Dawgs (22-22-4) at Bulls (21-22-5) - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Mayhem Game Notes: Mayhem at Fayetteville Marksmen - Macon Mayhem
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Macon Mayhem Stories
- Mayhem's Season Comes to an End with 3-2 Overtime Loss to Huntsville Havoc
- Mayhem Game Notes: President's Cup Semi-Finals Game #3
- Mayhem Fall 8-2 to Havoc, Face Series-Deciding Game Three Friday Night
- Mayhem Take Game One of President's Cup Semi-Finals with 6-4 Victory over Huntsville
- Mayhem Game Notes: President's Cup Semi-Finals (Mayhem at Havoc)