Mavericks Unveiled as CHL's Newest Team
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - Independence Pro Hockey announced the newest team in the Central Hockey League (CHL) will be known as the Missouri Mavericks. The Maverick's name, logo and color scheme of light blue and orange were presented Wednesday at Truman Library in Independence. The process of naming the team and designing the logo started with the fans input in a contest sponsored by The Examiner. Once 10 finalists were announced, fans were asked to cast their votes. The team consulted numerous experts, focus groups of all ages, city officials and peers within the sports industry to produce the name, logo and color scheme. Walz Tetrick Advertising was selected among local, regional and national applicants for the Mavericks' initial branding campaign. Walz Tetrick Advertising is a full-service agency with offices in Kansas City and Orlando, Florida. They specialize in strategic planning and brand development. Prior to the season facing off in October, the Mavericks will implement a mascot campaign and seek guidance from the fan base on the look and name of the mascot. The Central Hockey League schedule and all 32 of the Mavericks' home dates will be announced in August. The team will also unveil home and road uniforms prior to training camp in October. Season tickets are on sale now starting at $352. Call the Mavericks' front office at (816) 252-PUCK (7825) or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from June 25, 2009
- Rycroft, CHL Goal-Scoring Leader in 2007/08, Signs in RGV - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Strome Returns to Brahmas Home - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Smyth, Linder Return to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Unveiled as CHL's Newest Team - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL Welcomes the Missouri Mavericks - Rapid City Rush
- Catch Up With Bucks' Coach Ruskowski Friday - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.