CHL Welcomes the Missouri Mavericks
Independence Pro Hockey has a name. At a press conference today at the Truman Library in Independence, Missouri the 2009-10 Central Hockey League expansion club announced they will be known as the "Mavericks". During the same announcement, the team unveiled their logo which features an intense-looking stallion on skates with a hockey stick shadowed by the state of Missouri. The team's colors will be light blue and orange.
The addition of the team and the introduction of their ownership group was announced on April 16th, 2009. The principal owners and operators of the Mavericks are Matt and Mark Adams and Mike Carper (all from Lubbock, Texas). The team will begin play in October and will call the Independence Events Center home (capacity - 5,800) with the team's home opener planned for early November.
"It is a great day for the organization and the region to have their name and logo in place," said Duane Lewis, CHL Commissioner. "This is one of many historic announcements for the team that will help shape their identity for their inaugural season and future."
More information about the Mavericks can be found at the team's website located at www.missourimavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from June 25, 2009
- Rycroft, CHL Goal-Scoring Leader in 2007/08, Signs in RGV - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Strome Returns to Brahmas Home - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Smyth, Linder Return to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Unveiled as CHL's Newest Team - Kansas City Mavericks
- CHL Welcomes the Missouri Mavericks - Rapid City Rush
- Catch Up With Bucks' Coach Ruskowski Friday - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.