Match Preview | Sky Blue FC Travels South to Face the Orlando Pride
Howell, N.J. - With back-to-back wins, Sky Blue FC (2-7-2, 8 points) is on the road for a Saturday night matchup against the Orlando Pride. As the National Women's Soccer League enters Week 14 of the regular season, this will be the second meeting for the two teams on Saturday, July 20 at 7:30 p.m. ET at Exploria Stadium in Orlando.
The match will be streamed live on Yahoo Sports and in the NWSL app. International fans can watch on NWSLsoccer.com.
Sky Blue sits in ninth place in the NWSL standings, tied with Orlando at 8 points. Although the two teams are tied in points, Orlando is one spot ahead in the standings, holding eighth place with 2-9-2 record and 8 points due to head-to-head being the tiebreaker. Orlando has lost just one of their last six meetings against Sky Blue FC (4-W-1L-1D).
Kailen Sheridan holds a save percentage of 81.8%, ranking her as the second best of any keeper in the league with a minimum of five games. Forward Jen Hoy has been on a two-game tear, coming off the bench and scoring the game winner in the match against Chicago on July 7th and against Utah on July 12th. Erica Skroski leads the defense with 7 blocks, 23 interceptions, and 44 clearances. She is currently ranked within the top 10 in the NWSL for each category.
Orlando Pride is coming off a 4-3 loss against Portland Thorns FC on July 14th away at Providence Park. Prior to the World Cup break, Orlando was only converting 2.1% of their shots and scoring a league-worst two goals up until June 2nd. Now Orlando leads the NWSL in goal scored, shot conversion rate, and expected goals differential since June 14th. Seven of their 13 goals have come off of set pieces this year.
A key player to watch on the Orlando Pride is Brazilian international Marta. Marta has scored as many goals in her last three appearances as she had in her previous 23 league matches combined. She has scored four goals in her last three matches.
Sky Blue FC vs. Orlando Pride Rewind
Last time Sky Blue FC faced Orlando was on June 23rd, 2019 in a 1-2 loss at home. A late goal in the second half gave Orlando Pride the win.
After Saturday's matchup with the Pride, join Sky Blue at home on Wednesday, July 24, against Washington Spirit at 7:30 p.m. ET for the World Cup Return Night as we honor Estelle Johnson, Carli Lloyd, and Kailen Sheridan for representing their countries at the World Cup. This game is anticipated to be Lloyd's first game back after winning the FIFA Women's World Cup.
Tickets to all Sky Blue FC home games are available now by calling 888-SBFC-TIX or by visiting skybluefc.com. All fans at the game will receive a Sky Blue FC game day program with player poster insert.
Season Ticket Memberships are still available. Call 888-SBFC-TIX today to learn about our No Unused Ticket Policy. All memberships receive an exclusive 2019 Season Ticket Membership scarf.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from July 19, 2019
- Washington Spirit Announce Continuation of MedStar Health Partnership - Washington Spirit
- Saturday's Houston Dash Game at Washington Spirit Moved to 7 p.m. CDT Start Due to Extreme Heat - Houston Dash
- Match Preview | Sky Blue FC Travels South to Face the Orlando Pride - Sky Blue FC
- Houston Dynamo & Dash Captains to Wear Apollo 11 Mission Patch on Anniversary of Moon Landing - Houston Dash
- First-Place North Carolina Courage Look to Extend Undefeated Streak - North Carolina Courage
- Preview: Orlando Pride Looks for Back-To-Back Home Wins Saturday against Sky Blue - Orlando Pride
- Orlando Pride Looks for Back-To-Back Home Wins Saturday - Orlando Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sky Blue FC Stories
- Elizabeth Eddy Loaned to Vittsjo GIK in Sweden
- Kailen Sheridan Named SBFC Most Valuable Player Presented by Hackensack Meridian Health
- Kailen Sheridan Earns 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup Golden Glove Award
- Midfielder Kenie Wright to Miss Remainder of 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup with Torn ACL
- Sky Blue FC Break Merchandise Sales Record