Marshals' 2014 TCL Season Comes to An End
The Texas Marshals 2014 Texas Collegiate League season came to an end on Friday night with a 6-3 loss to the Brazos Valley Bombers in Bryan.
Ross Vance, who was arguably the Marshals best pitcher this summer, got the start and tossed seven innings, allowing four runs on five hits with one walk and nine strikeouts as he took the loss.
The Bombers scored two runs in the bottom of the third inning to jump out to a 2-0 lead.
The Marshals score three in the top of the fifth to jump ahead 3-2. Alex Gosser hit an RBI double to score Logan Sepanek and James Stroud hit a sacrifice fly in the inning.
The Bombers recaptured the lead in the bottom of the seventh as they scored two runs to make it 4-3. Two more insurance runs in the bottom of the eighth off of relief pitcher Keaton Brewer made the final score 6-3.
The Marshals finish the season with a record of 19-37. The Bombers head to the playoffs as the #1 overall seed with a record of 42-14.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from August 8, 2014
- Generals Finish up Strong with a Win - Victoria Generals
- Cane Cutters Drop Last Game Of Regular Season - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Bombers End Regular Season with 6-3 Win over Marshals - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Marshals' 2014 TCL Season Comes to An End - Texas Marshals
- Pump Jacks Win Thirsty Thursday Slugfest - East Texas PumpJacks
- Bombers Hang-On for 6-4 Win over Marshals - Texas Marshals