Mariners announce 2006 schedule
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA- The Virginia Beach Mariners are pleased to announce their 2006 season schedule. The Mariners will kickoff 2006 on Saturday April 22nd at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex with a game against the Toronto Lynx.
The Mariners play a total of 28 games, 14 of which will be played at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex. The Mariners will play the top two teams, Montreal and Rochester both at home and away as well as the returning USL First Division Teams. Miami FC, the newest addition to the USL First Division, will play the Mariners on May 21st in Miami and August 18th at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex.
Included in the Mariners 2006 schedule, they will play double-headers with both the Hampton Roads Piranhas and the Virginia Beach Submariners.
Mike McCann, Managing Team Director, states, "We are very excited about the Mariners 2006 schedule. We will be announcing our newest additions to the Mariners roster soon. Along with our outstanding returning players, we will present a challenging and enthusiastic Virginia Beach Mariners for 2006."
A listing of the entire team schedule is posted on the website at www.marinerssoccer.com.
• Discuss this story on the USL First Division message board...
USL First Division Stories from December 16, 2005
- Thunder acquires Footskills Summer Soccer Camps - Minnesota Thunder
- Mariners announce 2006 schedule - Virginia Beach Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Virginia Beach Mariners Stories
- Mariners host Miami for Fan Appreciation Night
- Mariners host Montreal Friday and Sunday
- Harrison returns to Real Salt Lake
- Mariners host Minnesota
- Simmonds named to USL First Division Team of the Week