Manatees to Host Stadium's First Ever Ceremonial First Fetch at Sunday's Bark-In-The-Park Night
VIERA, FL- The Brevard County Manatees, a Class A-Advanced Affiliate of The Milwaukee Brewers, will be hosting Space Coast Stadium's first ever ceremonial first fetch this Sunday, April 19th before they take on the Dunedin Blue Jays in celebration of the first of two Bark-In-The-Park Nights this season. Proceeds from the evening, presented by K9 Kampus, will benefit The Brevard Humane Society.
Space Coast's Cooper Petrillo, a spunky Weimaraner and former competitor in regional Skyhoundz disc tournaments, will take the plate at approximately 4:45PM. Cooper is building a celebrity status in Brevard with his own Facebook public figure page through means of his active membership of the Running Zone race team and as a popular trained therapy dog for youth reading programs in Melbourne libraries.
Notable features of Sunday's night include gourmet dog treat concessions by Yellow Dog Café, a paw-parazzi green carpet photo zone and private berm party for all dogs and their humans. Scheduled again this year is the fan favorite "Adopt-A-Dog Show" held between innings on the third base line spotlighting Brevard Humane Society's lovable canines who are in desperate need for a home.
The Manatees welcome fans and their furry friends to arrive early and take advantage of the pre-game tail-gate party, hosted from 4PM-5PM by Meghan Wolfgram of Lure Course Brevard. Dog owners may purchase a trial lure course session for a cash donation prior to entering the stadium which provides their dog with 3-5 minutes of fun and intense activity in a fenced running track system.
Gates open at 4:05PM with a game time start at 5:05PM. Tickets for Bark-In-The-Park are available at groupmatics.events/Bark.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from April 15, 2015
- 7-Run Ninth Propels Clearwater Past Jupiter - Clearwater Threshers
- Tampa Knocks off the Miracle, 3-1, in Extra Frames - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Mets Bust out the Bats in 9-3 Win over Manatees - St. Lucie Mets
- Tortugas - Stone Crabs Game Postponed Due to Rain - Daytona Tortugas
- Schnellenberger Comes to Hammond Stadium on Saturday, April 18 - Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
- Marauders Back at McKechnie Field April 17-22 - Bradenton Marauders
- Manatees to Host Stadium's First Ever Ceremonial First Fetch at Sunday's Bark-In-The-Park Night - Brevard County Manatees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.