Mammoth Acquire Forward Connor Robinson from Saskatchewan Rush
The Colorado Mammoth have acquired forward Connor Robinson from the Saskatchewan Rush in exchange for a second-round selection (26th overall) in the 2020 NLL Entry Draft and a first-round selection in the 2021 NLL Entry Draft.
"We're excited to welcome Connor to the Colorado Mammoth and believe his understanding of the game and ability to play with and without the ball will complement our offensive," Mammoth General Manager Brad Self shared. "Connor's size and awareness play well into our physical approach and we believe, given the opportunity, he'll produce for the left side of our offense."
In eight games with the Rush during the 2019-20 season, the New Westminster, BC native recorded seven points (4g, 3a), 25 loose balls and three caused turnovers.
Drafted by the Saskatchewan Rush in the first round of the 2018 NLL Entry Draft, 5th overall, the 24-year-old logged four points (1g, 3a) in three games during his rookie season with the Rush. Despite being featured on the left side of the depth chart behind Mark Matthews, Ryan Keenan and Jeff Shattler, Robinson ranked 8th among Rush players in goals and 10th in points during the 2019-20 season.
Prior to his NLL debut during the 2018-19 season, Robinson logged 51 points (22g, 29a) in 2018 with the Western Lacrosse Association's Langley Thunder before finishing among WLA offensive leaders during the 2019 season with 64 points (4th), 24 goals (T10th) and 40 assists (5th).
The 6-foot, 200-lb. forward recorded three 100+ point seasons ('14, '16, '17) with the Jr. A New Westminster Salmonbellies, including a 130-point (50g, 80a) campaign during the 2017 season.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 12, 2020
- Mammoth Acquire Forward Connor Robinson from Saskatchewan Rush - Colorado Mammoth
- Rush Pick up Two Draft Picks for Robinson - Saskatchewan Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Mammoth Stories
- Denver Voters Can Vote at Ball Arena in November General Election
- Ball Corporation and Kroenke Sports & Entertainment Announce Global Partnership to Advance Sustainability in Sports and Entertainment
- Kroenke Sports Charities Celebrating Halloween with Special Olympics Fundraiser
- Success at 9th Annual GiveSPORTS Equipment Drive
- Colorado Bolsters Roster with 11 Selections, Two Trades During 2020 NLL Entry Draft