Mager Wins League Award
Louisville Fire offensive specialist Rob Mager has been named the Schutt Offensive Player of the Week by the arenafootball2 league office. Mager, a Seymour, IN native, caught 14 passes for 208 yards and five touchdowns in the Fire's 51-38 victory over Albany.
Mager last two touchdowns came with under five minutes to go in a tight game. With the Fire clinging to a one point lead Mager pulled in a five yard touchdown pass to put the Fire up 44-38. After the Fire defense held Albany on the ensuing possession quarterback Brett Deitz found Mager on a 46-yard touchdown pass to seal the win.
Mager is at the top of four receiving categories in the af2, receiving yards (891), receptions (70), receiving yards a game (127.3) and receptions a game (10.0). Mager is also fourth in receiving touchdowns with 20.
Mager and the Fire will travel to Huntsville, AL this weekend for a showdown with the Tennessee Valley Vipers on Saturday night at 8:30 P.M. The game can be heard on 1080 WKJK or at louisvillefirefootball.com.
The Fire will return home on June 3 against East Division rival Wilkes-Barre/Scranton at 7:00 in Freedom Hall. Tickets can be purchased at louisvillefirefootball.com or ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 24, 2006
- Shock add depth to their line - Spokane Shock
- Lightning Game to be Televised on FSN Northwest, Time Change Announced - Spokane Shock
- Bakersfield Blitz Lend Helping Hands at Habitat for Humanity's Home Builders Blitz 2006 - Bakersfield Blitz
- Oklahoma City takes over number one spot in poll - af2
- Conquest Trade Green to Central Valley - Albany Firebirds
- Fire Wire - Louisville Fire
- Mager Wins League Award - Louisville Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.