Machine Activate Kenny Massa to 25-Man Roster
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Machine have announced that faceoff specialist Kenny Massa has been activated from the collegiate inactive list. The fourth round pick was selected by 31st overall in the 2018 MLL Draft by the Machine.
Massa ranked fourth in the nation for faceoff percentage (.686) and second in ground balls per game (11.33) for the 2018 season at Bryant University. Massa played in 67 games during his career at Bryant University, and ranks third in program history in ground balls, with 394, and faceoff wins, with 656.
This season Massa was selected twice as NEC Player of the Week and honored twice on the USILA Team of the Week, and was a two-time First-Team All-NEC selection. His brother Kevin, plays for the Charlotte Hounds. Massa will wear number 31.
"Kenny had a tremendous collegiate career," Machine Head Coach and General Manager Bear Davis said. "We're looking forward to seeing if the trend can continue in the MLL. He certainly has shown signs of being a great asset for the Machine."
In a corresponding move, the Machine have released faceoff specialist Christopher May.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from May 9, 2018
- Launch to Host 'Pink Out' Game - Florida Launch
- Denver Outlaws Acquire Attackman Kylor Bellistri in Trade with Boston Cannons - Denver Outlaws
- Machine Activate Kenny Massa to 25-Man Roster - Ohio Machine
- Reely to Automate Highlights for All of MLL in 2018 - MLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ohio Machine Stories
- Machine Sign Christian Mazzone to One-Year Deal
- Frank Brown Signs One-Year Contract Extension with Ohio Machine
- Ohio Machine Host Second Annual Ohio Machine Fall Classic
- Ohio Machine Announces Partnership with BSN Sports
- Shawn Evans Signs Two-Year Contract with Ohio Machine