Los Angeles D-Fenders Acquire Dar Tucker In A Three Team Trade
El Segundo, CA- The Los Angeles D-Fenders acquired Idaho Stampede's second round (18th overall) draft pick, Dar Tucker, while the team dealt center Earl Barron to the Iowa Energy. The Stampede acquired forward Anthony Tolliver from the Energy in the deal.
Tucker, a 6-4 shooting guard played two years at DePaul University where he was named a member of the Big East All-Freshman team in 2008. In his sophomore year, Tucker led his team in scoring, averaging 18.5 points per game, while he ranked second on his team in rebounding with 5.4 rebounds per game. In July 2009, Tucker participated in the Orlando Pro Summer League with the Utah Jazz. Before he was traded to the D-Fenders, Tucker was drafted in the second round by the Idaho Stampede.
"I am excited about the trade that occurred this morning. Tucker is a young player with a great deal of talent and I am excited to coach him. I think we have a great team that is beginning to develop and look forward to training camp next week," said D-Fenders Head Coach, Chucky Brown.
For the first time, the D-Fenders are offering exclusive eight and four game ticket packages, starting as low as $20. These ticket packages are available now. For more information on D-Fenders ticket packages or to purchase a package please contact Donovan Holvay at 310-426-6042 or visit www.d-fenders.com.
The D-Fenders tip of their fourth season on November 28th as they take on the Albuquerque Thunderbirds at 6pm at the Tingley Coliseum. The D-Fenders will host their first home game on December 1st versus the Utah Flash at 3:30pm at the Staples Center.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 11, 2009
- 66ers Announce Bundle Ticket Pack With Thunder-Cavs Game Included - Tulsa 66ers
- T-Birds To Host Exhibition Game November 25 - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- NBA Development League Announces Expanded 2010 Playoff Format - G League
- D-Fenders Take Deron Washington in First Round of Draft - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Los Angeles D-Fenders Acquire Dar Tucker In A Three Team Trade - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt