Lights FC Announce Midnight Soccer Match
Las Vegas Lights FC announced today that its home match on Saturday, July 11th will be a "Midnight Match." The match against Orange County SC will then kick-off at 11pm with a special midnight celebration at halftime.
The original concept of "midnight" sporting events started with the former Las Vegas Wranglers professional hockey team which produced the wildly successful tradition locally years ago. Lights FC is re-starting the local tradition and bringing it for the first time ever to professional soccer.
"Lights FC is for Las Vegas, by Las Vegas, of Las Vegas," said Lights FC Owner & C.E.O. Brett Lashbrook. "We live in such a unique community and so many locals have to work during our typical 7:30pm kick-off times so this is a perfect way to play a game at a time so that those individuals can now attend -- and, well, for us to create a new kind of fun at our Saturday night soccer parties!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTKUSnJ90fc The new Visit Las Vegas campaign slogan "What Happens Here, Only Happens Here" also applies to soccer in Las Vegas as well!
In conjunction with today's announcement, Lights FC also announced several unique aspects for the match....: * Open Seating: The stadium will all be open general admission seating, including all pitch-side beer gardens & special seating areas. Season Ticket members will be allowed first entry into the stadium to ensure they can secure their seats. * Halftime Midnight Celebration: Confetti? Fireworks? Special Guests? Trust us that you'll want to be there! * Food & Drink Specials: Several unique food & drink specials to be announced in the coming weeks.
"Be ready for pro soccer Vegas style!," said Lashbrook. "If you're overly traditional or don't like staying up past your bedtime then this game probably isn't for you -- but if you're one of the many thousands of individuals that work non-traditional hours in Las Vegas then this game is created specifically for you!"
Season Ticket members that wish to not attend due to the start time may exchange their ticket for any other home match as part of the "No Ticket Left Behind" program.
Lights FC continually seeks input and suggestions from its fans on new ideas, fun promotional concepts and other ways to retain its title as the "Most Interesting Team in America". Fans are encouraged to submit all suggestions, including any ideas for the Midnight Match pre-game & halftime activities, at LightsFC.com/Ideas.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 26, 2020
- Energy FC Falls to New Mexico United 2-1 - OKC Energy FC
- Greens Fall to El Paso, 3-0, in 120-Minute Preseason Friendly - OKC Energy FC
- Atlanta United 2 Signs Abdoulaye Diop - Atlanta United 2
- Hounds Tie Loudoun, 1-1 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Rasmussen Looks to Build on 2019 Success - Louisville City FC
- Darian McCauley Signs First Professional Contract with Charleston - Charleston Battery
- Lights FC Announce Midnight Soccer Match - Las Vegas Lights FC
- North Carolina FC Great Austin da Luz to Serve as Color Commentator for NCFC Broadcasts in 2020 - North Carolina FC
- Rowdies Sign Four Local Prospects to USL Academy Contracts - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Lights FC Stories
- Lights FC Closes 2020 Season
- Late Equalizers Lifts Lights FC to Draw with LA Galaxy II
- Lights FC Heads to Southern California for Two-Match Road Trip
- 11-Year Major League Soccer Veteran MLS Cup Champion Quincy Amarikwa Signs with Lights FC
- Lights FC Crushes Orange County's Undefeated Record with 3-1 Win