Lightning Fall to Express
(LONDON, Ontario) -- Saturday night, in front of 7,317 fans at Budweiser Gardens, the London Lightning lost 86-85 to the Windsor Express.
Warren Ward had 27 points shooting 7 of 12 from three point range.
Stephen Maxwell was the second highest point getter with 18 and six rebounds.
The Lightning climbed back into the game in the fourth quarter, but shot
10 of 19 from the free throw line.
"I went with who I felt was playing well. That lineup to close the third and start the fourth was good, they were playing well," said coach Kyle Julius. "This is another game where we're literally missing a big piece (Akeem Wright). We have not had 12 guys for the entire 16 games of the season."
The Lightning's next game is Wednesday, Feb. 10 when they host the Niagara River Lions.
Tickets can be purchased through the Budweiser Gardens box office or online.
Images from this story
London Lightning Guard Marcus Capers vs. the Windsor Express
London Lightning Guard Garrett Williamson Dunks vs. the Windsor Express
London Lightning Guard Warren Ward Drives vs. the Windsor Express
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from February 6, 2016
- A's Unable to Slow Down the River Lions at Home - Orangeville A's
- Express Avoid Loss at Buzzer to Lightning, 86-85 - Windsor Express
- Lightning Fall to Express - London Lightning
- Miracles Nipped by Saint John - Moncton Miracles
- Mill Rats Road Trip Continues Tonight in Moncton - Saint John Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.