LHP Bryan Hudson placed on the 7-day Injured List
The Chicago Cubs have announced the following roster moves that impact the Myrtle Beach Pelicans roster:
LHP Bryan Hudson has been placed on the 7-day Injured List
RHP Tyler Peyton has been activated from the 7-day Injured List
C Eric Gonzalez has been transferred to Myrtle Beach from Double-A Tennessee
OF Jose Gutierrez has been placed on the 7-day Injured List
Peyton, who missed the last 10 games on the Injured List, returns to the Pelicans roster. With the Birds in 2019, Peyton has made 24 appearances, going 0-3 with a 5.11 ERA. In 2018, the righty was a Mid-Season All-Star with the Birds, finishing the season with a 3.07 ERA over 38 outings. At Iowa, before he was drafted in the 29th round by the Cubs in 2016, Peyton was a two-way star, hitting over .330 every season with the Hawkeyes as well as dominating on the mound.
Gonzalez, who played just six games with Myrtle Beach this season, is back from Double-A Tennessee after catching one game with the Smokies. Gonzalez started the year in Low-A South Bend, hitting .218/.293/.256 in 43 games before being promoted to the Grand Strand on July 30. In his career, the 2014 international signee has thrown out 36.2 percent of base runners from behind the plate.
Peyton will wear No. 38 and Gonzalez will wear No. 24. The Pelicans roster now sits at 25 active members with eight on the Injured List. An updated roster is attached.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from August 24, 2019
- Wood Ducks Can't Overcome Big Innings In Loss To Wilmington - Down East Wood Ducks
- Pelicans Fall to Salem in First Two Games of the Series - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Turang Scores Three Runs in 5-3 Carolina Victory - Carolina Mudcats
- Stiever Records Ninth Quality Start in 1-0 Loss at Potomac - Winston-Salem Dash
- P-Nats Hang on in 1-0 Victory over Winston-Salem - Potomac Nationals
- Woodpeckers and Keys Split Doubleheader - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Turang, Feliciano Carry Carolina over Lynchburg on Saturday - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Keys and Woodpeckers Split Twinbill - Frederick Keys
- LHP Bryan Hudson placed on the 7-day Injured List - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- August 24 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- August 24 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
- Hairston and Bender assigned to Double-A; Hernandez reinstated and Urbaez added - Carolina Mudcats
- Winston-Salem Dash: Game Notes (August 24 at Potomac) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: August 24 - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.