Lancers Take Down Capitols, 5-1
RALSTON, NE - The Omaha Lancers took down the Madison Capitols on Friday night at Ralston Arena by a final score of 5-1.
Late into the first period and on the power play, Jaxon Nelson (19:53) found the puck loose to snap it in past Lamoreaux. The goal was Nelson's 7th of the year. The Lancers lead in shots after the first period 12 to 5.
In the second frame, the Lancers went to work early when Grant Anderson (1:06) scored his 4th goal of the season to extend the Lancers lead 2-0. The scoring continued when Brian Silver (2:42) retrieved his own rebound and slammed it home. The Lancers held the 3-0 lead going into the second intermission and outshot the Capitols 24 to 17 to end the period.
In the third period, Lucas Herrmann scored the lone goal for the Capitols jamming it past the skate of Akira Schmid. The Lancers added to their lead when Brian Silver (15:52) scored his second of the night. At the very end of the of the period, Chase Bradley (19:12) scored his second of the year to give the Lancers the 5-1 win. Akira Schmid stopped 28 of the 29 shots he faced. The Lancers improve to 12-19-2-4 with 30 points.
The Lancers return to the ice on Saturday, February 2nd to face off against the Lincoln Stars for Leap for a Cure Night. Puck drop is at 7:05 pm. Tickets are available at homepridetix.com or the Ralston Arena Box Office. Visit Lancers.com for group pricing of ten or more. Listen live all season long on the Lancers flagship station The Mighty KOIL News Talk 1290 AM radio or view the game via HockeyTV.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 1, 2019
- Palmer Boosts Clutch Credentials - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Lancers Take Down Capitols, 5-1 - Omaha Lancers
- Pietila Blanks Dubuque as RoughRiders Win 2-0 - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Stampede Roll Past Lincoln for Sixth Straight Home Win - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Central Illinois Blanks Des Moines, 1 to 0 - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Stars Snap Streak with 5-2 Loss in Sioux Falls - Lincoln Stars
- Steel Come up Just Short against Team USA U18 5-4 Friday - Chicago Steel
- Preview - Stars at Stampede - Lincoln Stars
- Flying Aces Fall Short of Comeback Win against Stampede - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Stampede Top Flying Aces for Fifth Straight Home Win - Sioux Falls Stampede
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.