Lakers Assign Nwaba to D-Fenders Prior to D-League Playoffs
EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles Lakers have assigned guard David Nwaba to the D-Fenders for the third time, it was announced today.
Nwaba has appeared in 40 games (31 starts) for the D-Fenders this season, averaging 14.1 points, 6.9 rebounds, 1.1 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks per game. The rookie guard has averaged 5.6 points, 3.2 rebounds and 19.1 minutes with the Lakers since earning his first NBA Call-Up on February 28. He signed a multi-year contract with the team on March 21.
The 6-foot-5 L.A. native is expected to play with Los Angeles as they open the 2017 NBA D-League Playoffs against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at 5 p.m. PT on Thursday, April 6. The best-of-three series will then shift back to the Toyota Sports Center on Saturday, April 8, with Game Three of the series taking place on Monday, April 10, if necessary.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 6, 2017
- Lakers Assign Nwaba to D-Fenders Prior to D-League Playoffs - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt