Lakers Assign David Nwaba to Los Angeles D-Fenders
EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles Lakers have assigned guard David Nwaba to the Los Angeles D-Fenders, it was announced today.
Nwaba has appeared in 38 games (29 starts) for the D-Fenders this season, averaging 13.9 points, 7.0 rebounds, 1.4 steals, 1.2 blocks and 1.1 assists per game. He signed a 10-day contract with the Lakers on February 28, becoming the first call-up for the D-Fenders this season and the 24th in franchise history. In two NBA games, he has averaged 3.5 points and 1.5 rebounds in 12.5 minutes per game.
The rookie guard is expected to be in action against the Eastern Conference-leading Raptors 905 this evening. Tipoff is set for 6:30 p.m. PT at the Toyota Sports Center.
About the Los Angeles D-Fenders: The NBA Development League's Los Angeles D-Fenders return for the team's 10th season of competition in 2016-17. The first franchise in D-League history to be owned by an NBA team, the D-Fenders franchise has established itself as a top producer of NBA-ready talent, totaling 25 NBA Call-Ups and developing 18 Lakers assignment players since the inaugural 2006-07 season. The D-Fenders have claimed two division titles and have twice participated in the NBA D-League Finals. The franchise will become the South Bay Lakers prior to the 2017-18 season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 4, 2017
- Lakers Assign David Nwaba to Los Angeles D-Fenders - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Bighorns Fall to 905 in Record-Setting Game at Golden 1 Center - Reno Bighorns
- Harris Shines in Legends' Rally over Stars - Texas Legends
- D-Fenders Duo Propels Los Angeles Past Northern Arizona - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt