LAFC Acquire Forward Michee Ngalina on Loan and International Roster Slot
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) announced today that the club has acquired 21-year-old forward Michee Ngalina. Ngalina joins LAFC on an initial loan period from the Colorado Springs Switchbacks of the United Soccer Leagues (USL) pending receipt of his P-1 visa. LAFC acquired Ngalina's priority from the Colorado Rapids in exchange for $50,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) through 2022.
Additionally, LAFC received a 2021 International Roster Slot from the Vancouver Whitecaps FC in exchange for $50,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) in 2022.
This season with the Switchbacks, Ngalina started 20 of his 21 appearances, recording eight goals and eight assists in 1,805 minutes.
Ngalina played with the Philadelphia Union in 2019, making his MLS debut on May 25, 2019 vs. Portland. A native of the Congo, Ngalina enjoyed strong seasons with Bethlehem Steel of the USL Championship in 2018 and 2019, starting 39 of 45 games and scoring a total of 12 goals and registering four assists.
A product of Montverde Academy in Orlando, FL, Ngalina joins teammates Mamadou Fall and Mohamed Traore as former Montverde alumni on LAFC.
Ngalina represented the Democratic Republic of Congo at the youth level during the 2016 African Nations Championship, where he was the leading scorer for the U-17 team.
TRANSACTIONS: Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) acquires forward Michee Ngalina on loan from the Colorado Springs Switchbacks. LAFC acquired Ngalina's priority from the Colorado Rapids in exchange for $50,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) through 2022.
LAFC acquires a 2021 International Roster Slot from Vancouver Whitecaps FC in exchange for $50,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) in 2022.
Weight: 150 lbs.
Birthplace: Kinshasa, DR Congo
Hometown: Kinshasa, DR Congo
Citizenship: DR Congo
Last Club: Switchbacks FC
Acquired: Joined for an initial loan period September 21, 2021.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 21, 2021
- Whitecaps FC Trade International Roster Slot to LAFC for $50,000 in 2022 General Allocation Money - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- LAFC Acquire Forward Michee Ngalina on Loan and International Roster Slot - Los Angeles FC
- Real Salt Lake to Host Hispanic Heritage Night on September 29 - Real Salt Lake
- All MLS & LIGA MX Clubs to Pause Seasons for Historic Leagues Cup Starting in 2023 - MLS
- CF Montréal Takes on the HFX Wanderers FC Wednesday Night in Halifax - Club de Foot Montreal
- Red Bulls Host New York City FC in the First of Two New York Derby's this Week - New York Red Bulls
- First-Place Revolution Visit Chicago Fire FC - New England Revolution
- FC Cincinnati Loan Defender Avionne Flanagan to FC Tulsa - FC Cincinnati
- Be the Heartbeat - Inter Miami CF Announces 2022 Season Tickets Membership Renewals - Inter Miami CF
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Continues Road Swing against Inter Miami CFÃÂ - Nashville SC
- CF Montréal Announce Three Additions to the First Team Coaching Staff - Club de Foot Montreal
- The Pitch: Seven-Day Stretch to Feature Best of Top North American Leagues - MLS
- Inter Miami CF to Host Nashville SC on WednesdayÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- Cristian Arango Hat Trick Leads LAFC Past Dallas
- Ford & KCCLA Level up Excitement & Entertainment for LAFC vs. Seattle Match on October 26
- LAFC Defeat San Jose Earthquakes 3-1
- Proof of Vaccination Or Negative COVID-19 Test Result Required at Dignity Health Sports Park Events Beginning October 8
- LAFC Announces Date Change for Home Match against Vancouver