LA KISS Acquire a Super Bowl Champion
Anaheim, CA- The LA KISS are pleased to announce that they have been assigned wide receiver LaQuan Williams. Williams adds his NFL background to the LA KISS receiving corps for the remainder of the 2016 season.
"Williams is an explosive receiver that has been in the NFL for three years," said Head Coach Omarr Smith. "We are excited to see if he can pick up the Arena game and help our offense down the stretch."
Although Williams (6-0, 195, Maryland) is entering his rookie AFL campaign, he brings three years of NFL experience to the LA KISS. He entered the NFL when the Baltimore Ravens singed him as an undrafted free agent in 2011. Over the 2011 and 2012 seasons, Williams appeared in 23 games for the Ravens, recording four receptions for 46 yards, and won Super Bowl XLVII. He also excelled on the special teams unit, tallying six kick returns for 109 yards and nine kick-coverage tackles. After a brief stint with the New England Patriots in 2013, Williams rejoined the Ravens in 2014.
The native of Baltimore, Maryland attended University of Maryland. In his four-year career with the Terrapins, he hauled in 33 receptions for 436 yards and three touchdowns in 38 games.
The LA KISS host their final home game of the 2016 regular season on Saturday, July 16, as they take on the Cleveland Gladiators at the Honda Center. The game is set to kick off at 7:00 p.m. and will be broadcast live on the CBS Sports Network.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from July 14, 2016
- Defensive Back Builds Upon Record-Setting Season - Los Angeles KISS
- LA KISS Acquire a Super Bowl Champion - Los Angeles KISS
- LA KISS Battle the Gladiators for Postseason Positioning - Los Angeles KISS
- Washington Valor Announced As Team Name - Washington Valor
- AFL's Inside the Numbers: Week 16 - AFL
- AFL Washington Valor Announced as Team Name - AFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles KISS Stories
- Arena Football League's L.A. KISS Apparently Have Folded, Leaving
- LA KISS Eliminated from Postseason with Loss to Cleveland
- LA KISS Drop Regular Season Finale to the Steel, 48-46
- Injuries Plague LA KISS, Fall to Sharks 46-32
- LA KISS Look to Clinch First Home Postseason Game