LA KISS Look to Clinch First Home Postseason Game
Over the past two weeks, DJ Stephens and Donovan "Captain" Morgan have been phenomenal. They have combined for 397 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns, which is, respectively, 79 and 92 percent of all LA KISS yards and touchdowns through the air. The quarterback who has been tossing them the ball, Nathan Stanley, has also performed exceptionally since he returned to the starting lineup. In the two games since Stanley's return from injury, he has thrown 12 touchdowns and zero interceptions, while completing over 60 percent (42-69) of his passes for 503 yards.
The LA KISS defense will have their hands full this week. Jacksonville's offense leads the league in total offense, averaging 312 yards per game. Additionally, Sharks wide receiver Joe Hills leads the league in scoring (21.9 points per game), receiving yards per game (132.8) and receptions per game (10.4), while fullback Derrick Ross's 25 rushing yards per games makes him the AFL's leading rusher.
LA KISS defensive back Terrance Smith will be one of the main players charged with slowing down Jacksonville's offense. Prior to joining the LA KISS, Smith was a part of the Sharks organization from 2011-2015, which was his entire AFL career up until joining the LA KISS. He totaled 282.5 total tackles and 31 interceptions during his time in Jacksonville. He also appeared in two ArenaBowls. So for this season, Smith has recorded 19 tackles and one interception in five games.
Next week the LA KISS will end the 2016 regular season in Portland when they will compete against the Steel (2-12) at the Moda Center on Monday, August 1.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from July 22, 2016
- Arizona Rattlers Postseason Kicks off August 6 - Arizona Rattlers
- LA KISS Look to Clinch First Home Postseason Game - Los Angeles KISS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles KISS Stories
- Arena Football League's L.A. KISS Apparently Have Folded, Leaving
- LA KISS Eliminated from Postseason with Loss to Cleveland
- LA KISS Drop Regular Season Finale to the Steel, 48-46
- Injuries Plague LA KISS, Fall to Sharks 46-32
- LA KISS Look to Clinch First Home Postseason Game