Kyle Greentree and Brian Fahey Sign with Washington/Hershey
HERSHEY - The 2010 Calder Cup Champion HERSHEY BEARS announced today in conjunction with the Washington Capitals that the club has signed left wing Kyle Greentree and defenseman Brian Fahey. Greentree has signed a two-year agreement, while Fahey has signed for the 2010-11 season. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Greentree, 26, led Rockford (AHL) with 25 goals in 64 games last season. The 6'3", 215-pound left wing has played four games in the NHL, two with Philadelphia in 2007-08 and two with Calgary in 2008-09. His most prolific goal scoring season as a professional came two years ago, scoring 39 goals for Quad City (AHL). Greentree made his AHL debut with the Philadelphia Phantoms during the 2006-07 campaign.
Fahey, 29, played last season with Lake Erie (AHL), where he had 11 goals and 25 points in 71 games. A blueliner for the BEARS briefly during the 2003-04 season, he enjoyed his best season as a professional while skating for Chicago (AHL) in 2007-08. Fahey scored 14 goals and assisted on 37 others that season for the Wolves during the regular season, and helped Chicago win the Calder Cup. He was also a four-year standout for the University of Wisconsin, playing in 156 games during his time in Madison.
The BEARS will begin play in October, looking to win a third straight Calder Cup championship. The full American Hockey League schedule is expected to be released in early August. Be part of the largest fan base in the American Hockey League while catching all the excitement of Hershey Bears Hockey. Season Ticket Packages start at $150.00 and include great benefits, big discounts along with guaranteed tickets for the 2011 AHL All -Star Weekend and first right of refusal for the 2011 Calder Cup Playoffs. Reserve your seats today by calling (717) 508-BEAR.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 7, 2010
- Jason Lockhart Hired as New Voice of the Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Senators Sign Forward Corey Locke to a Two-Year Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Kyle Greentree and Brian Fahey Sign with Washington/Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Goaltender David Leneveu to One-Year, Two-Way NHL-American Hockey League - Springfield Falcons
- Florida Panthers Re-Sign Jason Garrison to Two-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Florida Panthers Sign D Nathan Paetsch - Rochester Americans
- Sabres Agree to Terms with Rob Niedermayer - Portland Pirates
- Buffalo's Mike Weber Agrees to Qualifying Offer - Portland Pirates
- IceHogs Sign Hagel to AHL Contract - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.