Knicks Make Things Interesting in Waning Time But Fall by Six
REUNION, FL - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, erased all but three points of its 19-point deficit in waning time but could not recover and fell 118-112 to the Memphis Hustle Tuesday evening at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort.
With 7:08 to go in the game, Westchester (6-7) was on the wrong side of a 19-point differential-its largest all game. The Knicks rang off five unanswered points subsequently commencing an 18-2 run spanning the next five minutes (2:12), 110-107.
Ahmad Caver scored four of Memphis' (5-8) next points and corralled a steal to push the Hustle back up seven with 43 ticks pictured on the clock. Bryce Brown converted two of his three free-throws on the next possession after being fouled beyond the arc which brought the Knicks within five.
Against the clock, offense-defense tactics were applied but somewhat negated as the Hustle went perfect from the stripe from then to the final buzzer. Of the Knicks two tries from distance, only one saw the bottom of the net and the loss became inevitable.
Two-Way Player, Jared Harper, went 10-for-22 from the field and drained five triples and a free-throw for 27 points. He dished 10 helpers and came up with a pair of thefts in a team-leading 36 minutes played.
Affiliate player, Myles Powell, came off the bench adding 20 points on 57.1-percent including three three-pointers. He tied a team-high eight boards which marks a new career-high as well as three dimes and three steals. JJ Moore contributed 19 points, eight rebounds and four made three-pointers.
For the Hustle, Caver and Sean McDermott scored 21 and 20 points, respectively. David Stockton had 19 points and eight assists. Freddie Gillespie nabbed a double-double made up of 12 points and 11 rebounds.
Thursday, March 4, Westchester faces Agua Caliente at 7:30 PM ET.
Jared Harper Tabs Double-Double Including 27 PTS - https://youtu.be/OAuU0q66IS8
Myles Powell Sets New Rebounding Career-High - https://youtu.be/FpGHs31iPf4
JJ Moore Records 19 Points 66.7% Shooting - https://youtu.be/BJqzzl9iGf8
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 3, 2021
- Blue Drops Midweek Matchup to 905 - Oklahoma City Blue
- Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Magic - Salt Lake City Stars
- Spurs Clinch Playoff Berth with 119-98 Win - Austin Spurs
- Clippers End Skid, Put out Ignite - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Blue Coats Clinch First Playoff Berth in Franchise History - Delaware Blue Coats
- Late Delaware Run Sinks Charge - Canton Charge
- Hustle Use Balanced Scoring Effort to Blow Past Knicks - Memphis Hustle
- Knicks Make Things Interesting in Waning Time But Fall by Six - Westchester Knicks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Jared Harper Named to 2021 All-NBA G League First Team
- Knicks End Season on High Note Beating League-Leading Erie, 130-124
- Valiant Effort Down the Stretch by Knicks But Clippers Prevail
- Knicks Acquire Quinton Rose from Available Player Pool
- Knicks Make Things Interesting in Waning Time But Fall by Six