Kats Sign Maurice Brown, Fitu Tuua, Brendan Givan, Make Additional Changes
NASHVILLE- The Nashville Kats have made acquisitions, changes and deletions to their 2007 roster.
Nashville signed WR Maurice Brown and OL/DL Fitu Tuua to the active roster. Brown spent 2006 training camp with club and 2006 and the first part of 2007 with the New York Dragons. Tuua last played with the San Jose SaberCats in 2006. LB Brenden Givan was activated from the practice squad to the active roster.
Nashville traded OL/DL Tim McGill to the Tampa Bay Storm for WR Demetris Bendross. McGill played in both games for the Kats in 2007 after being acquired in an offseason trade with the Utah Blaze. Bendross spent two seasons with the Storm, leading the club in 2006 with 1,598 all-purpose yards.
Kats lineman Joe Minucci was placed on injured reserve after suffering an injury in Friday's loss to the Philadelphia Soul in Week 2.
The Kats' next contest will be against the Utah Blaze, Sunday, March 18 at the Gaylord Entertainment Center.. Nashville competes in the AFL's Central Division, a talent-rich division that houses the past two ArenaBowl Champions (Chicago Rush 2006, Colorado Crush 2005) and added the Kansas City Brigade in a realignment change.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League (1987-2008) message board...
Arena Football League (1987-2008) Stories from March 14, 2007
- Avenger double days - Los Angeles Avengers
- Kats Sign Maurice Brown, Fitu Tuua, Brendan Givan, Make Additional Changes - Nashville Kats
- Week three brings "madness" as teams jockey for divisional playoffs - AFL I
- Fryzel goes on IR, Preds sign James from practice squad - Orlando Predators
- Rampage Take on Philadelphia Soul Tomorrow - Grand Rapids Rampage
- Arizona Rattlers game notes - Arizona Rattlers
- Destroyers to open home schedule Saturday - Columbus Destroyers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.