Kansas City Comets Announce Restructured Front Office
KANSAS CITY - The Kansas City Comets have restructured their front office ahead of the 2019-2020 season. The team announced several changes today that will help them in their preparations for the upcoming campaign.
Scott Levinson returns to the Comets front office as Vice President of Business Operations, a role that he had maintained with the club for a majority of the team's nine-year history. Levinson takes over for Colin Weaver, who has stepped down from day-to-day operations.
Mike Rodriguez, another long-term veteran of the staff, has been promoted to Director of Ticketing. He will head up the team's ticket operations, including group sales and season tickets.
Also joining the staff will be Mark Saxby as the Comets' new Director of Community Engagement. The Comets starting goalkeeper for the past two seasons, Saxby has embraced the Comets fanbase and the Kansas City community. In addition to his playing duties, Saxby will be charged with increasing the team's profile through targeted community involvement and charitable partnerships.
As part of the restructuring, Brian Budzinski will also be re-joining the team's ownership group. As a local operator, and part of the group that brought the Comets back to Kansas City in 2010, Budzinski will be able to closely manage operations and help to ensure a positive long-term future for the team.
Former Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Jeff Husted, has accepted a full-time position with the Major Arena Soccer League, although he will remain available to the Comets in an advisory role as needed.
The Comets tenth season at the Silverstein Eye Centers Arena will kick off this fall. The full MASL schedule will be released in the next few weeks, but Comets fans can reserve their seat for the entire 2019-2020 season today by emailing [email protected]
The Kansas City Comets have a long rich history of indoor soccer in KC, including the 2014 MISL Championship. For tickets and information call 888.9.COMETS (888.926.6387).
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from September 16, 2019
- Sidekicks Players Display Skills on the Golf Course - Dallas Sidekicks
- Sockers Place 14 Players on Rosters for Mini Football World Cup in Perth - San Diego Sockers
- Brazilian Midfielder Re-Signs with Sidekicks - Dallas Sidekicks
- Kansas City Comets Announce Restructured Front Office - Kansas City Comets
- Stars Sign Diego Salas - Tacoma Stars
- Major Arena Soccer League Announces Rochester Lancers to Return to First Division Ahead of 2019-2020 Season - MASL
- Gurson, Ruggles Will Represent U.S. in Minifootball World Cup in Australia Next Month - Florida Tropics SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.