Justin Solovey Announces Commitment to Harvard
MUSKEGON - Second year Lumberjack Justin Solovey (Holmdel, NJ) has announced his commitment to play NCAA Division I hockey at Harvard University in the Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC).
The big bodied 6'3, 208 pound forward used his size in his first with Muskegon but has added some skill to his game for season two with an over point per game rate through the first portion of the season. Through 14 games played Solovey has recorded 7 goals, and 8 assists for 15 total points, and is fourth on the team in points per game.
When asked about his excitement Solovey said "I mean it's obviously a phenomenal school, and they have top end hockey. To put both together is really exciting." Solovey is also excited to be playing alongside current teammate Xavier Veilleux (L'Ancienne-Lorrette, QC, CAN) as well as other former Lumberjacks including Alex Gaffney, Kyle Aucoin, Michael Callow, Matthew Morden, and William Hughes. "It's awesome to have not just one person you know, but a bunch of guys that'll be going through that with you." He said.
Cambridge, Massachusetts isn't too far from Solovey's home in New Jersey. A bonus he said was a big reason he chose Harvard. "Your family can come out and watch whenever they want, and you can see them quite more often than if you were somewhere out west."
Congratulations to Justin on his commitment!
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2023
- Janviriya Commits to UConn - Lincoln Stars
- Justin Solovey Announces Commitment to Harvard - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Herd Heads on the Road to Kick off December - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Lancers Look to Continue Solid Play against the U.S. National Development Team in a Pair of Home Games - Omaha Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Muskegon Lumberjacks Stories
- Connor's Hattrick, Gadzhiev's 32 Saves Lift Jacks To 5-2 Win Over Waterloo
- Late Comeback Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to Madison
- Fan Favorite Bobby "Big Rig" Kaiser Returns to Trinity Health this Saturday.
- Lumberjacks and USHL Announce Makeup Date for 2/17 Postponement vs NTDP.
- Late Effort Falls Short in 5-4 Loss in Green Bay