Jamey Carroll Joins Montreal Expos
WINOOSKI, VT --- Jamey Carroll was promoted to the Montreal Expos on Tuesday, September 10th and became the 29th former Vermont Expos player to reach the Major Leagues.
Carroll spent the 2002 season with the Triple-A Ottawa Lynx, hitting .285 with eight home runs. He was called up to Montreal to replace Jose Macias, another former Vermont Expos player, who was placed on the 60-day disabled list.
Carroll hit .276 with 17 RBI for the 1996 New York-Penn League Champion Vermont Expos.
As the Vermont Expos celebrate their 10th season of baseball in the New York-Penn League in 2003, the team would like to announce that season tickets for the 2003 season are on sale now.
Anyone interested in obtaining either reserved or general admission season tickets for the 2003 season can call the Vermont Expos at (802) 655-4200 or stop by the team's office in the Champlain Mill for more information.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from September 11, 2002
- Jamey Carroll Joins Montreal Expos - Vermont Lake Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vermont Lake Monsters Stories
- Lake Monsters to Host Winter Warmer January 26th with Buster Olney, Galen Carr and Tim Neverett
- 2019 Vermont Lake Monsters Field Staff Announced
- Lake Monsters Announce Additions to Front Office Staff
- 9-Run First Leads Vermont To 9-6 Win Monday In Season Finale
- Lake Monsters Hold Off Valleycats 2-1