Indians Cap off Season with 4-2 Win and Fireworks
-The Indians ended their 2011 season on a high note, rallying from a 2-0 deficit in the first inning for a 4-2 win over the Aquasox in front of a loud crowd of 6,349 fans at Avista Stadium for Season Finale Fireworks presented by AAA, KREM 2-TV, and 98.9 KKZX.
Spokane starter Nick Martinez gave the Indians four tough innings, allowing just two unearned runs and striking out five. Left-hander Alexander Claudio (1-0) made his Spokane debut, picking up the win with three scoreless frames, and Jared Eickhoff notched his second save of the season after recording the final two outs of the game.
The Indians offense was held scoreless until the sixth inning, when they plated three runs against Everett starter Joe DiRocco (1-3) on hits from Nick Vickerson and Yefry Castillo. Spokane tacked on one more run in the eighth on an RBI single from centerfielder Ruben Sierra.
The Indians finished the second half 15-23 (35-41 overall).
Season tickets for the 2012 season are on sale now! Reserve your seat today by calling (509) 343-OTTO (6886). Fans can also purchase tickets at the Ticket Office at Avista Stadium during regular business hours or anytime by visiting spokaneindians.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from September 4, 2011
- Boise Hawks Begin Playoffs Monday - Boise Hawks
- Indians Cap off Season with 4-2 Win and Fireworks - Spokane Indians
- Fans Set Records In Season Finale Win - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Vancouver clinches final spot in Northwest League Post-Season - Vancouver Canadians
- Bears End Season with Dramatic Home Win - Yakima Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.