IceRays Host Childhood Cancer Awareness Night on Saturday
CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS - The Corpus Christi IceRays will host Childhood Cancer Awareness Night this Saturday as they host the Lone Star Brahmas in the 2014-15 season opener at the American Bank Center.
The night will benefit Brooke's Blossoming Hope for Childhood Cancer Foundation. Brooke's Blossoming Hope began after three-year-old Brooke Hester was diagnosed in November 2010 with Stage IV Neuroblastoma, a high risk stage of the nervous system cancer that spreads to lymph nodes, bone marrow, bones, the liver, and other organs. Her mother, Jessica, started the foundation to not only empower others to raise awareness for childhood cancer but also raise money for research and early detection efforts.
The idea for Brooke's Blossoms began when Brooke gave a blossom created as a gift by her neighbor to another sick child. The neighbor then made two blossoms so Brooke could keep one and give away the other. Since then, Brooke's Blossoms has grown to send blossoms and care packages to over 13,000 children in 37 countries. Now, Brooke is seven years old and continuing to fight the battle against cancer.
Among a variety of vehicles, B-C Equipment will feature their Gold Digger Crane for Pediatric Research for display outside the arena as well as the Corpus Christi Fire Department's Pink Fire Truck to raise awareness for their Cancer Awareness Relief Effort and Brooke's Blossoming Hope.
In addition, Brooke will be singing the national anthem as well as participating in the ceremonial puck drop along with Jessica and Jennifer Hayes. The IceRays will also be holding a silent auction, featuring blossoms made by Brooke and the IceRays players and a portrait painted by Brooke. IceRays captain Joe Chitwood will wear a gold helmet that will also be auctioned off after the first period.
Also Saturday, the IceRays are hosting Caller-Times Best of the Best Family 4-Pack Night, in which fans can purchase four tickets, four hot dogs and four sodas for just $44.
For more information on Brooke's Blossoming Hope for Childhood Cancer Foundation, Brooke's story, or to donate, please visit www.BrookesBlossoms.org or follow the foundation on Facebook and Twitter.
The IceRays open their home schedule on Saturday, September 27 against the Lone Star Brahmas. Call the front office at 361-814-7825 for season and individual ticket details or check out the pricing and seating chart online at www.goicerays.com. Stay current with the latest team news by visiting www.goicerays.com. In addition, stay connected with the IceRays on Facebook (/CorpusChristiIceRays), Twitter (@goicerays), and YouTube (IceRays TV).
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from September 26, 2014
- Winning Streak Ends in Minot - Austin Bruins
- Beaulieu, Shaw Shine as Wildcats Top Topeka - Wichita Falls Wildcats
- Tomahawks Score Early, Defeat Warriors 2-1 - Johnstown Tomahawks
- First Place Soo Eagles Return Home to Face Ice Miners - Soo Eagles
- IceRays Host Childhood Cancer Awareness Night on Saturday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Wilderness Have Active Home Opening Week - Minnesota Wilderness
- Season's Greetings - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi IceRays Stories
- Joe Benson Named Voice of IceRays
- IceRays Announce 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule
- IceRays Partner with Whataburger for Whataburger Community Night on March 5th
- IceRays Set to Host 13th Annual Stars & Stripes Night
- IceRays Hire Brad Power as New Equipment Manager