IceRays Announce 2009-10 Schedule
The Central Hockey League (CHL) has officially announced their 480-game season for this upcoming year. The IceRays open their season on Friday, October 16th in Odessa versus the Jackalopes. They officially open on home ice on the 17th versus the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs. The IceRays are currently in preparation for the 2009-2010 season. Season tickets and corporate sponsorship packages are available. For more information please call the IceRays at 361.814.PUCK.
With the new conference alignment, Corpus Christi plays 55 of their 64 games against Southern Conference opponents. This includes 14 games each against previous division rivals the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees and the Laredo Bucks.
The IceRays last home game is on Tuesday, March 16th versus the Killer Bees. They wrap up the season on March 20th. The first round of the CHL Playoffs will begin the following week. The playoff format for the 2009-10 season is identical from last season. A total of 10 teams will qualify for the post-season, consisting of five teams from each conference. The fourth and fifth seeded teams in each conference will play a best-of-three opening round series with the winner facing their conference's first seed. The remaining three rounds (Conference Semifinals, Conference Finals and Ray Miron President's Cup Finals) will all utilize best-of-seven game formats.
The IceRays will also play a key part in the 2010 All-Star Game. The game will be played on Wednesday, January 13th in Laredo, Texas at the Laredo Entertainment Center. This year's format features the teams from South Texas (Laredo, Rio Grande Valley and your IceRays) taking on a team of CHL All-Stars comprised of players from the remaining 12 CHL teams.
Corpus Christi IceRays hockey returns for a brand new season in October. Don't miss a second of the fast-paced, hard-hitting action of IceRays hockey as they cool off the Coastal Bend. Season tickets and corporate sponsorship packages are available. For more information please call the IceRays at 361.814.PUCK or visit them online at www.ccrayz.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from August 7, 2009
- Central Hockey League Partners with INSINC for CHL-TV - CHL
- RiverKings Gear Up For Annual Golf Scramble - Mississippi RiverKings
- Oilers Ice Girl Try-outs - Tulsa Oilers
- IceRays Announce 2009-10 Schedule - Corpus Christi IceRays
- 2009-10 Central Hockey League Schedule Released - Rapid City Rush
- Bucks, Animal Shelter Need Your Help Saturday - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi IceRays Stories
- Don'T Forget About Justin Quenneville's Retirement Party Tonight
- IceRays Host Street Hockey Challenge
- IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas
- IceRays Fall 5-4 In Overtime To Brahmas, Trail Series 1-0
- IceRays Beat Killer Bees 6-3 In Regular Season Finale