Huskies Struggle to Score Runs as the Loggers Sweep the Series
Duluth, Minn- The Huskies came into the game after losing in extra innings the previous night to the La Crosse Loggers. Andrew Stout(Liberty University) would make the start for the Huskies, with Ryan Anderson(Nevada) making the start for the Loggers.
The Loggers would get to Stout early scoring four runs in the 1st inning. The first run coming off a double off the bat of Shane McGuire(San Diego). A sacrifice fly by Harrison Freed(Butler) and a single by Korey Lee(California) would bring in two more runs. Donta Williams(Arizona) would bring in the final run of the inning.
Stout and Anderson both pitched a scoreless second, third, fourth, innings.
The Loggers added a run in the top of the 5th on a ground ball by Nick Lewis(South Alabama) that scored Braiden Ward(Washington). The Huskies would finally score in the bottom of the 5th on a 5-3 putout by General McArthur(Missouri Baptist), scoring Michael McCann(Texas).
The Huskies would cut the lead to two in the bottom of the 7th. The two runs would come off a two RBI single by Nick Sogard(Loyola Marymount).
The Loggers would make the lead five as they would add 3 runs top of the 8th. Lee would hit a 2 run triple scoring McGuire and Freed. Williams would groundout, scoring Lee from third.
That would be a lead that the Loggers would not lose as they would go on to beat the Huskies 8-5. The Huskies will look to bounce back with a home and home series against St. Cloud beginning tomorrow at 7:05. Tune into 92.1 The Fan to listen to the game.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 12, 2018
- Mallards Reel in Chinooks 10-5 - Madison Mallards
- Make It Six, Stingers Beat Bucks 4-3 - Willmar Stingers
- Battle Creek Back to .500 with Win over Kenosha - Battle Creek Bombers
- Rafters Fall to Bullfrogs in Rain-Shortened Game - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- â??â??Rivets Snap Losing Streak at Home Against Woodchucks - Rockford Rivets
- Sanchez, Rox Take Home Third Straight Win - St. Cloud Rox
- Woodchucks Drop Close One to Rivets - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Kalamazoo Falls 4-1 to Fond du Lac - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Hubbe Shines on the Mound in a 4-1 Win - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rafters Host the Bullfrogs to Finish Homestand - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Bombers Continue I-94 Road Success - Battle Creek Bombers
- Waterloo Toppled 9-0 in St. Cloud - Waterloo Bucks
- Rivets Finish Road Trip with 8-2 loss to the Rafters - Rockford Rivets
- Kingfish Hang on to Win 8-7 - Madison Mallards
- Willmar Completes Sweep of Honkers with Offensive Barrage - Willmar Stingers
- Bullfrogs Fall Short to Woodchucks in Wild Back-And-Forth Game - Green Bay Booyah
- Huskies Struggle to Score Runs as the Loggers Sweep the Series - Duluth Huskies
- Stingers Sweep Honkers - Rochester Honkers
- Rafters Sweep Rivets in Two-Game Series - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Duluth Huskies Stories
- Come One, Come All to Duluth Huskies Hot Stove this Wednesday
- Duluth Huskies Announce the Signing of 2018 All-Star Billy Cook
- Duluth Huskies Add Four More to 2019 Roster
- Duluth Huskies Announce Returning Coach with a Different Title
- Duluth Huskies Sign Four New Players