Hurricanes welcome back leading scorer Antoine Mason
Antoine Mason is back with the Halifax Hurricanes after a busy summer playing for a few different pro organizations, including the NBA G League's Erie Bay Hawks.
After being selected in the second round of the NBA G League draft, Mason attended training camp and played in pre-season games, continuing to improve and overcoming a training camp elbow injury. Mason was one of the last players cut from the Atlanta Hawks' developmental team.
"We're very, very happy that he's back with us," says Halifax Hurricanes Head Coach Mike Leslie. "He brings a scoring punch to our lineup as well as a physical presence from the guard position. Antoine is one of the elite players in our league and Halifax fans will be very excited to see that he is back in time for training camp."
"The experiences and pro exposure he has had this summer have made him a better all-around player," says Leslie.
Mason led the Hurricanes in scoring last year with 17.5 points per game with 32.7 per cent shooting from three-point range.
He will join the Hurricanes at training camp on Friday, Nov. 10th.
The Hurricanes will head to Acadia University in Wolfville to square off against the Moncton Magic on Sunday,Nov. 12th at 2 p.m. Tickets are on sale now at the Acadia Box Office and online
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from November 4, 2017
- Hurricanes welcome back leading scorer Antoine Mason - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Secure Dominant Win at Home against Riptide
- League-Leading Hurricanes Win at Home against Moncton Magic
- Hurricanes Lose Second Game of Back-to-Back against Edge
- First Place Hurricanes Win Thrilling Game against St. John 's Edge
- Hurricanes Tough out Road Win in Saint John