Hurricanes Secure Dominant Win at Home against Riptide
The Halifax Hurricanes dominated all four quarters and took home another commanding win on home court.
The fourth quarter really sealed the deal for the Hurricanes, who topped the Saint John Riptide 102-72.
The Riptide kept it close in the second and third quarter, but the scoring kept coming from all angles for the Hurricanes late in the game.
Antoine Mason, as always, was a dominate force for the Hurricanes, finishing with 28 points on the night.
Ta'Quan Zimmerman and Mike Poole really turned it up in the second half and both finished with 15 points each. Poole also played a great defensive game, picking up 8 rebounds. Rhamel Brown was another defensive force for Halifax, nabbing 12 rebounds for the day.
As a team, the Hurricanes shot 50% from the field and scored 43 points off the bench, compared to the Riptide's 18. The depth of their lineup continues to impress and pull the Hurricanes through with these dominant victories.
Sunday afternoon's game was sponsored by Atlantic Superstore in support of the IWK Foundation. Haley, a patient at the IWK and Ken Chapdelaine, District Manager for Atlantic Superstore in Halifax performed the ceremonial opening tipoff to kick off the game.
3,000 fans were in attendance to cheer on their first place Hurricanes on their way to another victory.
The Hurricanes are back home next Thursday, March 22 at 7:00pm against the Moncton Magic. Tickets are available at the Ticket Atlantic Box Office or online.
Images from this story
Halifax Hurricanes Forward Tyrone Watson drives vs. the Saint John Riptide
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from March 18, 2018
- Hurricanes Secure Dominant Win at Home against Riptide - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Blowout Magic to Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Hurricanes Take Game 1 with Dramatic Comeback Win over Moncton Magic
- Hurricanes Tip off Atlantic Division Conference Finals against Moncton Magic Thursday at Scotiabank Centre
- Hurricanes Beat Island Storm, Advance to Atlantic Division Finals
- Hurricanes Gain Series Lead over Island Storm