Hurricanes Reclaim Top Spot in Atlantic Division After Win over Riptide
Halifax - The Halifax Hurricanes reclaim the top spot in the Atlantic Division after a commanding 119-86 victory over the Saint John Riptide.
The Hurricanes played a solid 48 minutes all the way through, outscoring the Riptide in the first three quarters and tying with 27 a piece in the fourth.
With five Hurricanes scoring in the double digits, Renaldo Dixon led the way with 19 points and 6 rebounds on the night. The Hurricanes offense was rolling over the Riptide as they had contributions from every player on the roster. Rhamel Brown held it down for Halifax on the boards as usual finishing with 9 rebounds.
Prior to tip-off, Cliff Clinkscales was presented a gift from Chair of the Board for the Hurricanes, Jim Mills, to commemorate his achievement of reaching 1,000 NBLC Regular Season Assists. Cliff finished with 16 points, 6 assists, and 1 rebound.
Thursday's game was sponsored by Charm Diamond Centre.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from February 3, 2018
- Hurricanes Reclaim Top Spot in Atlantic Division After Win over Riptide - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Lose Heartbreaking Game 7 to the Lightning in Halifax
- Hurricanes Beat London, Force Game 7 in Halifax
- Hurricanes Lose Game 5 in London, Trail Series 3-2
- Finals Series Tied 2-2 as Hurricanes Lose Game 4 in London
- Hurricanes Lose on the Road as London Takes Game 3 of NBLC Finals