Hurricanes Overpower Storm in Home Win
Christmas came a week early for the Hurricanes as they sent the Island Storm back to Prince Edward Island with a 106-96 win.
The Hurricanes exploded in the second quarter, scoring 35 points and limiting the Storm to just nine points in the frame. The Storm only scored four points up until the final two minutes of the quarter.
The Hurricanes were again led by their power-forward CJ Washington who picked up another double-double with 30 points, 11 rebounds. He added a block and a steal to the impressive stat line as well.
Antoine Mason, who sparked the Hurricanes early in the game finished with 21 points, three rebounds and five assists.
Ta'Quan Zimmerman went three from seven from beyond the arc. He came close to a triple double with 15 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists.
The Hurricanes will host the Cape Breton Highlanders at the Scotiabank Centre on Friday, Dec. 22 at 7 p.m.
Tickets are available at the Ticket Atlantic Box Office or online.
Halifax Hurricanes Basketball Club
2016-17 NBL Canada Atlantic Division Champions
902.377.3052 | halifaxhurricanes.ca
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from December 18, 2017
- Hurricanes Overpower Storm in Home Win - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Take Game 1 with Dramatic Comeback Win over Moncton Magic
- Hurricanes Tip off Atlantic Division Conference Finals against Moncton Magic Thursday at Scotiabank Centre
- Hurricanes Beat Island Storm, Advance to Atlantic Division Finals
- Hurricanes Gain Series Lead over Island Storm
- Hurricanes Even Series with Storm in Blow out Game 2 Win