Hurricanes Lose Second Game of Back-to-Back against Edge
The Halifax Hurricanes offence ran out of gas in St. John's on Wednesday as they lost the second game of a doubleheader 108-97 against the home-town Edge.
Hurricanes shooting guard Antoine Mason's 25-point performance kept the Hurricanes in it through most of the game, but unfriendly bounces at the rim cost him and his teammates some much-needed baskets in the fourth quarter. The Hurricanes were running a shorter bench the last two games as well with an injured CJ Washington out of the lineup. Things are looking up for the first-place Hurricanes though as they will have a week off to rest and practice after a packed schedule through late January, February and early March that saw the Halifax team play 12 of their 15 games on the road.
Despite the tough calendar, the Hurricanes went 11-4 over that stretch, cementing their spot in the 2018 National Basketball League of Canada Playoffs.
Now the Hurricanes must defend their No. 1 seeding in the Atlantic Division. Come see them live as they host the second-place Moncton Magic at Scotiabank Centre on March 15 at 7 p.m. Get your tickets for that game at the Ticket Atlantic Box Office or online.
Images from this story
Halifax Hurricanes look for a rebound against the St. John's Edge
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from March 7, 2018
- Hurricanes Lose Second Game of Back-to-Back against Edge - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Beat Storm at Home for Second Straight
- Hurricanes Snap Skid with Blowout Win over Titans
- Hurricanes Snap out of Funk But Still Fall to Lightning After 20-Point Comeback
- Hurricanes Can't Keep up with Express in First of Three Ontario Games
- Hurricanes Monday March 4 Game vs Island Storm Postponed