Hurricanes Lose Game 5 in London, Trail Series 3-2
The Halifax Hurricanes were unable to grab a win on the road in their National Basketball League of Canada Finals matchup against the London Lightning.
Losing Game 5 110-102 in London on Monday night, the Hurricanes now trail the Lightning 3-2 in the best of seven series.
The Hurricanes trailed the Lightning early as the London team continued to shoot the ball well from beyond the three-point line.
Antoine Mason provided the Hurricanes with a first-half scoring punch. He finished the game with 16 points and five rebounds.
In the second half, trailing by double-digits, the Hurricanes turned to the powerful combination of Tyrone Watson and Billy White, who took the ball right to the London Lightning rim, punishing the team down low.
Watson finished with a game-high 32 points and 10 rebounds, while White put up 25 points, grabbed eight boards and dished out six assists.
Veteran point guard Cliff Clinkscales fueled the offence with 12 assists and scored nine points of his own.
Despite the volume scoring from the Halifax forwards, and the steady leadership of Clinkscales, the Hurricanes were unable to gain the lead over the Lightning after cutting the deficit to just one point in the fourth quarter.
The series now shifts to Halifax for Game 6 on Thursday, May 17 at Scotiabank Centre at 7 p.m. Tickets for the game will go on sale at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, May 15. Buy them at the Ticket Atlantic Box Office or online.
Images from this story
Halifax Hurricanes try to cut off the London Lightning in Game 5
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from May 14, 2018
- Lightning Take Series Lead in NBL Finals - London Lightning
- Hurricanes Lose Game 5 in London, Trail Series 3-2 - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Halifax Hurricanes Announce 2018-19 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Hurricanes Bring Back Clinkscales, Officially Sign Thomas
- White for Thomas: Hurricanes Swap Player Rights with Moncton
- Hurricanes Lose Heartbreaking Game 7 to the Lightning in Halifax
- Hurricanes Beat London, Force Game 7 in Halifax