Hurricanes Grab Third Win in a Row with 99-88 Win over the Island Storm
HALIFAX, NS -- The Halifax Hurricanes are dug in and picked up their third win in a row and third in the last four days against the Island Storm on Sunday at the Scotiabank Centre in Halifax.
With Billy White and Tyrone Watson both sitting and banged-up, CJ Washington and Antoine Mason led the Canes to a 99-88 win.
The Hurricanes dominated down low, getting 52 points in the paint.
Antoine Mason racked-up a team-high 24 points with firey 50% shooting 40% shooting.
CJ Washington had another productive outing. He finished with 22 points, 10 rebounds.
The Hurricanes led the Storm through the first half and then fought off a relentless, fast-paced run by the P.E.I. team through the third quarter.
The Storm's Andre Stringer and Franklin Session combined for 47 points, keeping their team in the hunt all game.
The Hurricanes improve to 5-3 on the season after this excellent start to their December homestand with four home games left to play this month.
They'll be back in action on Thursday, Dec. 14 when they'll host the Moncton Magic at the Scotiabank Centre.
Tickets are available at the Ticket Atlantic Box Office and online.
Halifax Hurricanes Basketball Club
2016-17 NBL Canada Atlantic Division Champions
902.377.3052 | halifaxhurricanes.ca
Stay on top of the latest Hurricanes news, sign up for our newsletter.
Get game ready with official Hurricanes merch, visit our Hurricanes Shop!
Hurricanes grab third win in a row with 99-88 win over the Island Storm
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from December 12, 2017
- Hurricanes Grab Third Win in a Row with 99-88 Win over the Island Storm - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Take Game 1 with Dramatic Comeback Win over Moncton Magic
- Hurricanes Tip off Atlantic Division Conference Finals against Moncton Magic Thursday at Scotiabank Centre
- Hurricanes Beat Island Storm, Advance to Atlantic Division Finals
- Hurricanes Gain Series Lead over Island Storm
- Hurricanes Even Series with Storm in Blow out Game 2 Win