Hurricanes Get Revenge on the Cape Breton
Halifax, NS- The Halifax Hurricanes faced off against Atlantic Conference rivals the Cape Breton Highlanders at the Scotiabank Centre in Downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia on Wednesday night. Halifax lost their last home game against the Highlanders by one point on March 26th.
The Hurricanes got out to an early lead in the game behind the strong play of Forward Billy White, who scored eight of the Hurricanes first 10 points on 4-4 shooting from the field. The Canes finished the first quarter with a 28-19 lead. Halifax used frequent player rotations and stingy defence in the second quarter, outscoring the Highlanders 25-16, taking a 53-35 lead into the half. The Hurricanes continued their dominant play in the third quarter, starting on a 24-3 run. The fourth quarter fared no better for the Highlanders, as they were only able to muster 11 points in the frame. Halifax finished the game with a 121-66 win, solidifying a first place Atlantic Division finish.
Halifax was led by Forward Billy White who scored 24 points on 11-14 shooting and grabbed 8 rebounds. Point Guard and team captain Cliff Clinkscales contributed seven assists and Forward CJ Washington registered a 10 point, 10 rebound double-double.
The Highlanders lead scorer was Forward Anthony Walker with 12 points. Billy Rush and Scott Deron added 11 and 10 points respectively for the short-staffed Highlanders.
The Hurricanes will play their final home game of the 2016-2017 NBLC season on Sunday, April 23 at the Scotiabnk Centre versus the Moncton Miracles.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from April 19, 2017
- Orangeville Ends Home Season with 25-Point Win over Moncton - Orangeville A's
- Hurricanes Get Revenge on the Cape Breton - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Secure Dominant Win at Home against Riptide
- League-Leading Hurricanes Win at Home against Moncton Magic
- Hurricanes Lose Second Game of Back-to-Back against Edge
- First Place Hurricanes Win Thrilling Game against St. John 's Edge
- Hurricanes Tough out Road Win in Saint John