Hurricanes Fall to Saint John Riptide in Double OT
The Hurricanes battled back and forth over four quarters and two overtimes, but in the end fell to the Saint John Riptide 132-125 at the Scotiabank Centre on Thursday night.
The Hurricanes were led early by power forward CJ Washington, who finished with 22 points and five rebounds.
Cliff Clinkscales played a commanding game before leaving in the fourth quarter after a double technical. He had 14 points and 15 assists for the game.
Ta'Quan Zimmerman got hot in the fourth quarter and overtime. He racked up 24 points, including four three-balls and a perfect four-for-four from the free throw line.
Thursday's game was sponsored by Nova Scotia Power. Crews who worked during the widespread power outages during Christmas were given free tickets to the game as a thank you for their hard work during the nasty holiday weather.
The Hurricane's next game is a big one. They host the defending NBLC Champs, the London Lightning on Sunday, Jan. 21 at 2 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 20, 2018
- Hurricanes Fall to Saint John Riptide in Double OT - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Lose Heartbreaking Game 7 to the Lightning in Halifax
- Hurricanes Beat London, Force Game 7 in Halifax
- Hurricanes Lose Game 5 in London, Trail Series 3-2
- Finals Series Tied 2-2 as Hurricanes Lose Game 4 in London
- Hurricanes Lose on the Road as London Takes Game 3 of NBLC Finals