Hurricanes Blow out Riptide in Front of Huge Home Crowd
HALIFAX, N.S. - The Halifax Hurricanes take another commanding win tonight, and the home crowd of 3,059 at the Scotiabank Centre couldn't get enough of it.
The Hurricanes and Saint John Riptide have been battling back and forth the last few weeks for the top position in the Atlantic Division, and with a win tonight, Halifax has solidified that spot now with a record of 15-9. The Riptide had a strong start, but once the Hurricanes got into their rhythm, there was no stopping them from there.
Leading the way offensively for the Hurricanes was Mike Poole and Ta'Quan Zimmerman, both notching 20 points on the night. The depth of Halifax continues to impress, as 68 points were scored from players off of the bench, as opposed to the 39 that came from Saint John.
On the other end of the court, Rhamel Brown and CJ Washington were both dominating the boards, collecting 11 rebounds each.
The Hurricanes are on the road for the next couple weeks, first squaring off against the Moncton Magic on Friday, February 16 at 7:00pm. Check back at www.halifaxhurricanes.ca for when the livesteam link goes live to tune in to the game.
We return home to Scotiabank Centre on Tuesday, February 27 at 7:00pm to host the KW Titans of the Central Division.
Tickets are available at the Ticket Atlantic Box Office or online at TicketAtlantic.ca.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from February 10, 2018
- Hurricanes Blow out Riptide in Front of Huge Home Crowd - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Lose Heartbreaking Game 7 to the Lightning in Halifax
- Hurricanes Beat London, Force Game 7 in Halifax
- Hurricanes Lose Game 5 in London, Trail Series 3-2
- Finals Series Tied 2-2 as Hurricanes Lose Game 4 in London
- Hurricanes Lose on the Road as London Takes Game 3 of NBLC Finals