Houston Dynamo, Dynamo Charities launch 2013 Bald is Beautiful campaign
HOUSTON - The Houston Dynamo and Dynamo Charities, presented by Halliburton Charitable Foundation, announced today that forward Will Bruin and defender Mike Chabala will spearhead the 2013 Bald is Beautiful campaign, benefiting Curing Children's Cancer Fund. This is the fifth year of Bald is Beautiful, a campaign designed to raise money and awareness for children's cancer research.
The campaign includes two key events: A Celebrity Pour and head-shaving event at The Dogwood on Aug. 13 and a possible record setting head-shaving event before the Dynamo home game against the Seattle Sounders on Aug. 17.
On Tuesday, Aug. 13 Dynamo Charities will host a Celebrity Pour and head-shaving event at The Dogwood bar (2403 Bagby St., Houston, 77006) in midtown. Beginning at 2 p.m. patients from area hospitals will shave the heads of Dynamo players, including Bobby Boswell, Will Bruin, Brad Davis, Andrew Driver, Tally Hall and Cam Weaver, as well as assistant coach Tim Hanley.
The Celebrity Pour will begin at 4 p.m. and features Dynamo players tending bar. Proceeds from all drink sales and a silent auction will benefit Bald is Beautiful.
On Saturday, Aug. 17, prior to kickoff of the match between the Dynamo and Seattle Sounders at BBVA Compass Stadium, Dynamo Charities will attempt to break the Guinness World Record for heads shaved in a one-hour span (6:00 p.m. registration/check-in; shave event to be held from 6:30-7:30 p.m.), at Dynamo Soccer Fest (Walker St. and Hutchins St.). Brad Womack (co-owner of The Dogwood & former contestant on ABC's The Bachelor) will jumpstart the pregame head-shaving event.
To register (requires a $10 donation benefitting Bald is Beautiful) for the head-shaving event on Aug. 17, visit www.houstondynamo.com/baldisbeautiful.
A $50 ticket package is available, which includes two tickets to the Dynamo vs. Seattle Sounders game on Aug. 17, two Bald is Beautiful t-shirts, and two passes for the postgame meet-and-greet with Dynamo players.
Additional sponsors of the campaign include BMC Software and Amgen Breakaway from Cancer.
To learn more about Bald is Beautiful, visit www.HoustonDynamo.com/BaldisBeautiful.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 6, 2013
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Match Preview: RSL V. Portland Timbers - Real Salt Lake
- Date Change for LA Galaxy-D.C. United Game - Los Angeles Galaxy
- A Bright Future Ahead for Chivas USA - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sounders FC Expand Capacity for Portland Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC opens CONCACAF Champions League group stage - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Open CONCACAF Champions League Wednesday in Montreal - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC Seeking a Design for Season Ticket Members Scarf - Seattle Sounders FC
- Impact to Face San Jose Wednesday - Montreal Impact
- Rapids Sign Uruguayan Forward Vicente Sánchez - Colorado Rapids
- Revolution, Kalifa Cisse Reach Termination Agreement on Contract - New England Revolution
- Statement from the New England Revolution: Juan Agudelo - New England Revolution
- D.C. United vs. LA Galaxy Match Moved to September 14 at 4:00 p.m. ET - D.C. United
- Timbers Purchase Contract of Diego Valeri - Portland Timbers
- Houston Dynamo, Dynamo Charities launch 2013 Bald is Beautiful campaign - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Dynamo MF Eric Alexander Selected by FC Cincinnati in MLS Expansion Draft
- Dynamo Protect 11 Players Ahead of MLS Expansion Draft
- Houston Dynamo to Face CD Guastatoya in Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16
- 2019 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Draw to Take Place Today at 6 p.m.
- Dynamo DF Dylan Remick Announces Retirement