Hounds Ink Miller to SPA
Soo Greyhounds GM Kyle Dubas announced late Thursday that the club has signed right centreman DAVID MILLER to an OHL Standard Player Agreement.
The team's 6th Round Selection from the 2012 OHL Priority Selection is currently playing with the Georgetown Raiders of the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL).
"David has earned this contract through his outstanding play this season after the tremendous impact he made at training camp, where he showed himself capable of being competitive versus veteran players in our league" began Dubas.
"David has gone on to have a great season with Georgetown and developed at a great clip under the tutelage of Greg Walters and the Georgetown staff. In addition, a lot of credit needs to go to Geoff Schomogyi and his staff with last years OHL CUP CHAMPION Mississauga Rebels, who guided David through his OHL draft season."
In 28 games played, Miller has 11 goals and 19 assists (30 points), while sitting 3rd in team scoring with the Raiders. On Thursday, Miller and fellow Hounds' prospect Kyle Jenkins were named to the OJHL roster for the Central Canada Challenge Cup Top Prospects Game to be held shortly after Christmas.
Draft Day comments on Miller from GM Kyle Dubas:
"David is a late birthdate player who was a tremendous two-way centre for the OHL Cup Champion Mississauga Rebels. David has tremendous hockey sense and awareness on the ice. David was the co-captain of the hockey club, and showed excellent leadership throughout the championship run. He is a smooth skating, skilled player. "
With the signing of Miller, the Hounds now have 7 players from the 2012 Ontario Hockey League Priority Selection under contract - McCann, Spinozzi, Pastorious, Mallette, Miller, Halverson, Hughes. The Hounds also presently have eight players from the 2011 selection who have played for the club - Nurse, Halagian, Nichols, Ganly, Turner and Clutsam.
WOJENSKY ACQUIRED FROM 67'S
In a two-player deal, the Hounds traded the rights to F Alex Morgan to the Ottawa 67's in exchange for D Patryk Wojeski and a 15th Round Pick in the 2014 OHL Priority Selection.
Wojenski was originally selected by Ottawa in the 14th Round of the 2010 OHL Priority Selection.
The Mississauga, ON product stands 6.02 while weighing 220 lbs.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2012
- Spits Take Shootout Thriller Over Sting For Third Straight Win - Windsor Spitfires
- Thomson Scores in Rangers 3-1 Loss - Kitchener Rangers
- Spirit Record An Exciting Overtime Win on the Road - Saginaw Spirit
- Knoblauch Earns First Win for Otters, 6-2 - Erie Otters
- IceDogs Fall to Knights 5-2 - Niagara IceDogs
- Hounds Ink Miller to SPA - Soo Greyhounds
- Attack Assist with Kettle Drive - Owen Sound Attack
- Attack in Guelph Before Home to Face Belleville - Owen Sound Attack
- Steelheads Announce Toys for Tots Game - Mississauga Steelheads
- Spitfires Come Back over Hounds in Trip Opener - Soo Greyhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.