Heh Brandon Lets Welcome The Cup
Brandon, MB. -- Western Manitoba businesses will have a chance to compete with each other while also getting into the spirit of the 2010 MasterCard Memorial Cup.
The Welcome the Cup package can enhance decorating ideas during Memorial Cup week and will allow businesses to show their community pride by displaying authentic Memorial Cup items and specially designed host event decorations.
Among the items available in the Welcome the Cup package is 2010 MasterCard Memorial Cup posters, wrap and flag while you will also receive a Wheat Kings' jersey and tickets to the 2010 Manitoba Homecoming Social featuring Randy Bachman on May 15.
Decorating your business or organization with a Memorial Cup theme will also automatically enter you into the 'Dress up your Business' contest.
Judges will be selecting the grand prize winner for the contest in the last two weeks leading up to the start of the Memorial Cup on May 14.
Businesses can also become involved in the Memorial Cup by having their logo embossed on one of two dozen Wheat King Alumni player murals that will be displayed throughout the Keystone Centre Complex during the 11-day Championship.
The 6 X 4 murals will be displayed through the interior of the Keystone Centre during Memorial Cup week.
Among the players to be featured on the murals will be former Wheat King greats Brian Propp, Glen Hanlon and Jordin Tootoo.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2010
- Portland Winterhawks This Week - Portland Winterhawks
- Blazers host BC Division Champion Giants - Kamloops Blazers
- Weekly Ice Report - Kootenay Ice
- Blazers Week In Review - Kamloops Blazers
- Chiefs Practice Next On Tuesday - Spokane Chiefs
- Vancouver Giants' Craig Cunningham Named Boston Pizza WHL Player Of The Week - WHL
- Heh Brandon Lets Welcome The Cup - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Blades Shutout Rebels - Saskatoon Blades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.