Harvard Captain, All-Ivy League Defender Briana Mastel Signs with the Boston Pride
Former Harvard captain Briana Mastel will begin her professional hockey career in Boston, signing with the Pride for the 2019-20 season.
"There are few things that compare to competing and working towards a common goal with a team," said Mastel. "I am so excited for the opportunity to join the NWHL and play for the Pride in the incredible city of Boston."
The 5-5 defender was an All-Ivy League selection as a senior, concluding her four seasons with 40 points (7-33-40) in 128 games for the Crimson. She also finished with a plus-27 rating on the Harvard blue line and was an ECAC Hockey All-Rookie Team selection as a freshman.
"Briana is a solid skater and poised player who sees the game very well," said Pride GM Karilyn Pilch. "Her work ethic is second to none, and she will consistently raise the bar for her team."
Prior to her time at Harvard, the Wallingford, Connecticut native was a two-time captain at Choate Rosemary Hall and a silver medalist with the U.S. National Women's U18 Team in 2012. She also helped lead Assabet Valley to three national championships.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from August 15, 2019
- AG Health's Endocannabinoid Nutrition Brand, VEDA, Named Official Sponsor of the National Women's Hockey League - NWHL
- St. Louis Native Nicole Arnold Signs with the Riveters - Metropolitan Riveters
- Harvard Captain, All-Ivy League Defender Briana Mastel Signs with the Boston Pride - Boston Pride
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Pride Stories
- Pride Top Whale 4-1 Before Third Straight Sellout Crowd
- Pride Back in Action Saturday against Whale
- Tickets for Boston Pride's Isobel Cup Semifinal on March 8 on Sale Thursday at 9:30 a.m.
- Green Mountain Energy Becomes Official Renewable Energy Company of the Boston Pride
- Boston Pride Win 20th, Earn Top Seed in Isobel Cup Playoffs