Hartford Athletic 2020 Season Community Wrap Up
HARTFORD, Conn. - Thanks to the support of the City, State, fans, and partners, Hartford Athletic had an outstanding 2020 season despite the challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. The Club saw great success on and off the field by making the playoffs for the first time in club history and by generating impactful community programming. Here are some highlights:
Hartford Athletic unveiled its new community platform in 2020 focused on five key pillars of support: Health & Wellness, Diversity & Inclusion, Youth & Family Education, Economic Development, and Veterans & First Responder Support.
The Club received strong corporate support with 32 corporate partners this season including Founding Partners Trinity Health of New England, Stanley Black and Decker, Cigna, The Hartford, and Travelers. Despite the COVID-19 impacted season, Hartford Athletic was able to retain 95% of its partner support in 2020. Every partnership included key community elements including: * Trinity Health of New England: The club's title partner also was the presenting partner of the Hartford Athletic Virtual Fitness Series. Hartford Athletic players and staff led a 30-minute at-home workout for fans on Instagram Live that ran twice a week from March until June. * Stanley Black and Decker: Hartford Athletic and Stanley Black and Decker combined to raise over $19,000 for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Hartford through the second annual Match for a Cause. Autographed, match-worn jerseys and Hartford Athletic experiences were auctioned off to raise money. * The Hartford: The Hartford became the presenting partner of the CIAC Team of the Week, a program that recognized the best stories of teamwork across Connecticut High School sports. 12 Boys and Girls teams across the state were honored on Hartford Athletic's social media platforms and in television broadcasts, and these teams will receive tickets to a 2021 match.
* Cigna: For the second consecutive year, Hartford Athletic and Cigna ran the Every Save Matters program. A total of $10,000 was donated to Team IMPACT for saves made during Hartford Athletic matches. The pair also ran a Virtual Yoga and Mindfulness session for fans with all proceeds benefitting Mental Health CT. * Travelers: Due to COVID-19 protocols and safety precautions, the Club could not host the Community Champion program in 2020, but look forward to continuing to work with Travelers and bringing the Community Champion program back next season. * Citizen's Bank: Hartford Athletic and Citizen's Bank teamed up with Foodshare to donate 300 meals for every Hartford Athletic goal scored at Dillon Stadium this season as part of the Goals for Meals program. * Global Atlantic Financial Group: Welcomed members of the Boys and Girls Club of Hartford to a Hartford Athletic match and provided them all with team branded scarves.
Hartford Athletic unveiled the Shop for a Cause program this fall. The initiative, which was designed to help local businesses impacted by COVID-19 get back on their feet, also helped donate 7,650 meals for Foodshare thanks to the participating businesses including: Boston Beer Co./Hartford Distributors, Emily and Bean Boutique, Goodman Delights, Harvest Wine and Spirits, J. Restaurant, Just Be, Painting With A Twist, Parkville Market, Phantom Brewing, Root Down Power Yoga, Rush Bowls, ShopRite, and Victus Coffee.
In May, Hartford Athletic participated in a Make-a-Wish parade for a 7-year-old boy from Hartford along with the Hartford Police and Fire Departments and a number of other organizations to help deliver some smiles during a difficult time.
The Community Ticket program was unable to be implemented because of stadium regulations due to COVID-19. We want to thank the Gitlin Family for their incredible support of our club, and look forward to the program's return in 2021.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 29, 2020
- Indomitable Club Unveils Refurbished Futsal Courts at Northgate Park - Sacramento Republic FC
- Hayden Sargis Selected as Young Player of the Year Finalist - Sacramento Republic FC
- USL Academy League Confirms Founding Southwest Division Members - Orange County SC
- Ian Russell Named One of Three Finalists for Coach of the Year - Reno 1868 FC
- Kelly and Miller Shortlisted for 2020 USL Championship Awards - Charlotte Independence
- San Antonio FC Forward Jose Gallegos Named Finalist for USL Championship Young Player of the Year - San Antonio FC
- 2020 USL Championship Awards Finalists Announced - USL
- LouCity Quartet Name USL Award Finalists - Louisville City FC
- USL Academy League Reveals Founding South-Central Division Members - Austin Bold FC
- LouCity Legend Spencer Transitioning to New Role - Louisville City FC
- Hartford Athletic 2020 Season Community Wrap Up - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Athletic Stories
- Hartford Athletic Signs Forward Bradford Jamieson IV
- Forward Sebastian Elney Signs with Hartford Athletic
- Hartford Athletic Signs Puerto Rican International Nicolas Cardona
- Player Profile: Tabort Etaka Preston
- Forward Tabort Etaka Preston Signs with Hartford Athletic