Hardhats outlast Tornadoes
SOUTHAVEN, MS---The North Mississippi Tornadoes prepared all for a battle with conference rival, the Mississippi Hardhats, who came into the match up unbeaten and a battle is exactly what they got. In a game that had multiple lead changes and saw eleven of the twelve Tornadoes score, the Tornadoes led for a majority of the second half. However in the final minutes of the game, the Hardhats proved why they were undefeated, hanging on for the win, 100-93. Former Ole Miss player Marcus Hicks led the Tornadoes with 23 points. Also, former University of Tennessee player, LeMarcus Golden made his debut for the Tornadoes replacing Kevin Nunley. The loss takes the Tornadoes to 1-5 overall and 1-4 in Western Conference play. The Tornadoes are back in action on Friday night, May 12, in more Western Conference action against the Arkansas Archangels at Olive Branch High School; tip-off is set for 7 PM.
The halftime show will feature a performance by Contemporary Christian Recording Artist, Timothy Davis. For more information on this release, please contact Parker Griffith at 1 (877) 751-4800 Ext. 6 or [email protected] For more information on the North Mississippi Tornadoes please visit our web page at www.wbatornadoes.com.
• Discuss this story on the World Basketball Association message board...
World Basketball Association Stories from May 6, 2006
- Hardhats outlast Tornadoes - Memphis Tornadoes
- Tornadoes Fall In Final Minutes - Memphis Tornadoes
- Heat sign the great one, point guard Octavius Thomas - Anderson Heat
- Gladiators Lose Heartbreaker - Rome Rage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Tornadoes Stories
- Inclement weather postpones Memphis game on Saturday night
- Memphis tops Decatur
- Tornadoes Win Overtime Thriller
- Tornadoes Start Final Weekend With Win
- Tornadoes win again