Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Jan Mysak
HAMILTON, ONTARIO. The Hamilton Bulldogs are very proud to announce the signing of forward Jan Mysak to a Standard Player Agreement.
Mysak, the Bulldogs 1st Round selection, 20th overall, in the 2019 CHL Import Draft joins the organization from HC Litvinov in the Czech Extraliga where he posted 5 goals & 4 assists for 9 points across 26 games as an underage player.
An electrifying talent, Mysak, a native of Litvinov, CZE, has spent his entire life in hockey with the Litvinov club. Averaging well over a point per game in each of the U16 (2.54), U18 (1.58), U19 (2.33) & U20 (1.33) levels, Mysak broke through into the HC Litvinov senior club during the 2018-19 season. After recording 3 goals & 4 assists for 7 points through 31 regular season games, Mysak would rescue his boyhood club from relegation leading the team in both goals, 5, and points, 9, through 6 relegation round games keeping HC Litvinov in the Extraliga for the 2019-20 season.
Following his selection by the Bulldogs in the 2019 CHL Import Draft, Mysak would twice represent the Czech Republic in major international tournaments. Beginning with the Hlinka/Gretzky Tournament where he would record 2 goals in 4 games before starring for his home country at the 2020 World Junior Hockey Championship, recording 2 points across 5 games and being named the top player on the Czech team in 3 of those 5 games.
On the signing of Jan Mysak, Hamilton Bulldogs President & General Manager Steve Staios is excited about his addition saying: "We are very excited to have received a commitment from Jan. He is a terrific young player and a top talent for this year's NHL Entry Draft. Our fans will really enjoy watching Jan grow within our organization."
For more information on Hamilton Bulldogs 2019-20 season tickets, flex packs or single game tickets call 905-529-8500 or visit hamiltonbulldogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2020
- Petes to Play Back-To-Back Home Games this Weekend - Peterborough Petes
- Mark Woolley Named Huron Tractor 'Attacker of the Week' - Owen Sound Attack
- Knights to Retire Patrick Kane's Number 88 this Friday - London Knights
- Spitfire Teammates Cuylle and Foudy Will Face off in 2020 Top Prospects Game - Windsor Spitfires
- IceDogs to Host Blood Drive in Honour of Tucker Tynan - Niagara IceDogs
- Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending January 12 - Peterborough Petes
- Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Jan Mysak - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Spits at Real Canadian Superstore - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.