Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Jan Mysak
HAMILTON, ONTARIO. The Hamilton Bulldogs are very proud to announce the signing of forward Jan Mysak to a Standard Player Agreement.
Mysak, the Bulldogs 1st Round selection, 20th overall, in the 2019 CHL Import Draft joins the organization from HC Litvinov in the Czech Extraliga where he posted 5 goals & 4 assists for 9 points across 26 games as an underage player.
An electrifying talent, Mysak, a native of Litvinov, CZE, has spent his entire life in hockey with the Litvinov club. Averaging well over a point per game in each of the U16 (2.54), U18 (1.58), U19 (2.33) & U20 (1.33) levels, Mysak broke through into the HC Litvinov senior club during the 2018-19 season. After recording 3 goals & 4 assists for 7 points through 31 regular season games, Mysak would rescue his boyhood club from relegation leading the team in both goals, 5, and points, 9, through 6 relegation round games keeping HC Litvinov in the Extraliga for the 2019-20 season.
Following his selection by the Bulldogs in the 2019 CHL Import Draft, Mysak would twice represent the Czech Republic in major international tournaments. Beginning with the Hlinka/Gretzky Tournament where he would record 2 goals in 4 games before starring for his home country at the 2020 World Junior Hockey Championship, recording 2 points across 5 games and being named the top player on the Czech team in 3 of those 5 games.
On the signing of Jan Mysak, Hamilton Bulldogs President & General Manager Steve Staios is excited about his addition saying: "We are very excited to have received a commitment from Jan. He is a terrific young player and a top talent for this year's NHL Entry Draft. Our fans will really enjoy watching Jan grow within our organization."
For more information on Hamilton Bulldogs 2019-20 season tickets, flex packs or single game tickets call 905-529-8500 or visit hamiltonbulldogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2020
- Petes to Play Back-To-Back Home Games this Weekend - Peterborough Petes
- Mark Woolley Named Huron Tractor 'Attacker of the Week' - Owen Sound Attack
- Knights to Retire Patrick Kane's Number 88 this Friday - London Knights
- Spitfire Teammates Cuylle and Foudy Will Face off in 2020 Top Prospects Game - Windsor Spitfires
- IceDogs to Host Blood Drive in Honour of Tucker Tynan - Niagara IceDogs
- Peterborough Petes Players of the Week for the Week Ending January 12 - Peterborough Petes
- Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Jan Mysak - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Spits at Real Canadian Superstore - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Bulldogs Stories
- Brown OT Goal Ends Bulldogs Comeback in 8-7 Loss to Barrie
- Gruden's Pair Secures Knights 4-1 Victory Over Bulldogs
- Wright Overtime Winner Spoils Costantini Heroics In Fronts Win
- Jack Quinn Hat-Trick Helps Lift Ottawa To Shutout Win Over Hamilton
- Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Jan Mysak